You're A Beautiful Lady

So I was walking through the mall today just wandering around looking for anyone who is hiring. I got a job interview at Motherhood Maternity for Friday afternoon and I am pretty excited. For some reason that is one of my most favorite stores. EVER. I'm not pregnant, but they have really awesome dresses. So after achieving my goal of getting my interview there, I headed down the middle section of the mall just to browse. You know those carts in the middle of the mall where the people try and sell you stuff? Usually it's lotions or perfume and they stand in the middle of the isles so you HAVE to talk to them. I was walking past this one with lotions and face creams and the guy caught me. I usually shrug them off and try not to make eye contact but I figured, why not? If that were me, I would want someone to listen to what I had to say. So I stopped.
It was this italian guy and two italian ladies, the guy walks up to me and takes me by the hand and says, in is italian accent "You're a beautiful lady, you married?" I told him I wasn't and he asked if I had a boyfriend and I again told him no.. PATHETIC. He goes on to say "You are a beautiful lady, but you do have some acne and black head and puffy eyes. Come over here and let me show you this creme I have." I nodded to him without realizing that he just softly dissed my face. He leaned in to my ear and said "You have no boyfriend, you must give me your number after you buy some product." I looked at him kind of shocked-like and just smiled. "Do you like pasta?" he said as he lathered on some lotion onto my arm. "I love pasta!" I told him. His eyes widened and his arms stretched out above his head and he exclaimed, "YES! After I give you this treatment you have to first promise me one thing.." I asked him what that was and he said, "You can't kiss me. I know you will love it, but you can't kiss me okay?" I promised him I wouldn't because well, I'm not doing very good on that department to begin with. I don't think I need to kiss some italian guy with an eye booger stuck on his eyelid. Am I horrible for not saying anything? No. As he finished showing me what the stuff did he asked, "Why doesn't a pretty lady like you not have a boyfriend?" I told him it was because no one was interested, he screamed... "I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" Now, I know he was just trying to make a sale and such but it was hilarious. I was giggling like a little school girl inside.
After he did the treatment on my arm he told me the price of the product, 89.00. SERIOUSLY? 89.00 for a creme for your face?? He tried to haggle it down to 35.00 but I was still telling him no. I didn't end up buying anything but it was pretty funny and I went up the escalator laughing my bum off at that guy. He was hilarious. Next time I walk past those people I might think of stopping again, it will give me something to blog about!

Comments

  1. Yesterday I told Jane I might need to apply at Motherhood and Maternity because I'm pretty sure it's the only place hiring in Logan! That would be pretty funny if we both got a job there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, that is HILARIOUS! It really is funny how far people will go to sell stuff- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that was hilarious. sometimes its sad when people don't realize what they are saying. it would have been great if you would have pointed out the eye booger, thrown him off his game and take things down a notch haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts