Now We've Got Something To Prove

The Format- On Your Porch
...
whats left to lose,
you've done enough
and if you fail well then you fail,
but not to us
cause these last three years,
i know they've been hard
but now it's time to get out of the desert and into the sun
even if it's alone
....
now we've got something to prove

and i,
i can see their eyes
but tell me something,
can they see mine?

cause whats left to lose,
i've done enough
and if i fail, well then i fail, but i gave it a shot
and these last three years,
i know they've been hard
but now its time to get out of the desert and into the sun
even if it's alone

even if it's alone

Sometimes there are just glimpses of songs that make me feel like I am at the right moment in my life, at the right time. Sort of like deja vu. I had a friend tell me that when you have deja vu it means you are in the right place at the right time. I love to think of it that way. I love to listen to music and just feel like it means something. Instead of always jamming out to booty bumpin' songs about thongs and big butts, when a song speaks to your heart.. it is amazing.
Lately I have found myself more reserved. It could very well be because I have very loud and crazy friends and there is no room for me to get a word in edgewise most nights. Which I am totally fine with, by the way. My only fear is that I come off too chill, too "whatever". When in reality I have so much to say.
I realize I am only 19 and that is a young young age, but I feel so much older than that.

"We always say that no one understands the things that run in our heads. What we never really realize is that there is always someone who can completely understand everything we go through. You say you want a solid and human example, look no further then your knees and your folded arms, because darling there isn't much better than that. If you are still not convinced, remember that everyone is different, but we are all somewhat the same. Speak your mind, open up your heart, learn to live among others, learn to be yourself. There is nothing better than knowing who you are, where you are going, and who you will be there with. Keep searching, you will find it."

Comments

  1. Oh how I love The Format! And how I love your blog posts.

    I have never heard that about deja vu and I really like it. I'll have to keep that in mind.

    I'm glad you have this blog so you can say all you have to say even if you don't always to the people aroud you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts