The Saviors Lullaby

Tonight I went to a performance put on by a couple of people that I cherish, and love, and they don't even know it. You know what I mean by that right? They are older then you, you never really hung out with them, but you have always mentioned that you were friends with them because it made you look cool. It's not that they wouldn't be your friends either, they totally would. You're just too afraid to come out of the closet with it, so your stuck behind the door thinking... MAN they are awesome! Anyways, that isn't the point. The point was...
The performance is called O Holy Night, it's a Christmas concert that has been put on for the last 5 years. All of the members who sing are Latter-Day Saints but anyone, from any religion, is welcome to come. Nay, I say they are encouraged to come. It might mostly be to see that our church isn't some weird cult or anything, ha either way, they are more then welcome. Well, they came alright. Everyone and their mother, grandmother, great grandmother, boyfriends sisters husbands sisters aunt were there. No joke. I got a hard seat, which pretty much made my bum all achy but it didn't really matter cause I was crying most of the time. It was so beautiful. They sang probably 8 or 9 songs and they all centered around the Savior, of course, it being Christmas and all.
My favorite song of the night is one that Cameron Steele (the main guy) wrote around five years ago. It is called the Saviors Lullaby, the music isn't online anywhere that I know of and I don't have all the lyrics, but I do have a little portion of what it said. Let me tell you first that, this song was written when Cameron himself was having a hard time. Things just didn't seem to be going right. So, he got down on his knees and he prayed, "not because my parents taught me to pray, because I actually needed the Savior". He testified that this song came to him out of his prayer to God that, things would be okay, and that he could get through any trail put in front of him. When I hear this song it reminds me of a scenario where a child is crying and a mother runs to that child and comforts them. This song does that for me.

"God give me wings, to fly where you are, I know that I, have pushed you so far. I need you now, please be by my side. King of all kings, rock me to sleep.... tonight."

Sometimes I feel like I push God so far, just like it says in this song. I feel like I have pushed him so far away from me, and done so many things that there would need to be a miracle for me to be forgiven. In my faith, though, he has already given me that miracle. He died for not only my sins, but for my sorrows, my pains, my heartache. He is the only one who knows exactly how I feel, and exactly how to fix it. He loves me with a love that runs so deep. Like that mother running to her child, Christ and Heavenly Father run to me when I call out their name. They comfort me in my weakness and make me strong through them too.
If you are not of my faith, which many of my blogging friends aren't. Please visit this website, explore, learn. I'm not asking you to believe it, or buy into anything. I'm just letting you know that THIS is what brings me peace in times of sorrow. This is what gets me threw each and everyday. Often I blog about how I feel like I'm lost, and I'm not sure who I am. I've just been thrown a wicked curve ball and I'm not sure if I will be able to hit it out of the park, but hopefully with some more guidance and practice I will make it to where I can only dream to be. God is great, God is real, no matter what gender or race, God loves all his children. Each and everyone.
Let's keep the Christ in Christmas now shall we?

Comments

  1. Ms. Lou.
    This was Beautiful!!!!
    I love your sweet testimony!
    If you ever find that song online, send me the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that song too last monday! it was really great. Great thoughts, amen to that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts