Dear Prospective Boyfriend

Dear P.B. (as you will from now on be lovingly called.);
Just thought you might want to know a couple of things about me, so take note. If you happen to dislike these things, learn to love them, or forget about it. Now onto the list...

I don't like scary movies unless you let me bury my face into your chest and scream. I will have nightmares so make sure to tell me good thoughts after you make me watch a scary movie with you.
Some days I don't get dressed, I don't feel like it, I couldn't figure something out, whatever it was. I stay in sweats, or a t-shirt and jeans. So if you are looking for arm candy, you've got the wrong girl. Don't get me wrong, when I do feel like getting dressed and looking cute, I am a damn good accessory. (If that is what your looking for, but like Sam said.. I don't want a man who want's an accessory, so if you want someone who looks AH-MAZING all the time, sorry.)

Most days I don't wear make up, and if my make-up-less face scares you then.. I'm sorry, I will have to vote NEXT.

On occasion I swear. For emphasis. I try not to, but occasionally I do.

I will expect that you read my blog. The fact that you don't kind of makes me upset, and I really hope that you enjoy what I have to say.

Sometimes I go two or three days without showering. It's part of being me. I hate to shower, but I will do it if I stink, and I know when I stink.

I'm not a picky eater, take me places you like to go. Please oh please don't make me pick all the time. It's torture and I hate it. Sometimes, I know what I want, but most of the time, it's free game.

I am the queen of war. War is my favorite card game, let me cheat, let me win. Please? I will pout all night if I lose a game of war. Honest to goodness.

I don't like to watch rated R movies. Even if they are on Clean Flicks. There are some that I will see, but most of the time its a big N. O. I really want to see Precious, and I loved Sunshine Cleaning, but things like The Hangover, or Bloody Bloody Puke and Guts... no thanks.

If you want to be nice and buy me something... buy my stationary or take me to a candy store. Don't go buy me huge gifts or weird cheapo jewelry from wal-mart. I'm not very high maintenance, but I do know what I like.

Hold my hand constantly. Make sure people know I am yours. I don't want to be just floating in your vicinity. I want to be yours, I'm old fashioned like that... I'm the girl, your the guy, be a man. THANKS.

If I open the door for you once in a while, don't get stressed out... think of it as me "giving back". Alright? Alright.

Don't go through my phone and read my text messages. That's not right. I wont ever do it to you, so don't do it to me. I don't have anything to hide, but you looking suggests it.

Don't kiss me during sacrament meeting. Put your arm around me, your hand on my leg, or hold my hand, but don't kiss all over me. I know you love kisses, so do I! BUT that is not the place for them.
ALSO let me read my scriptures during sacrament... encourage me to... if I'm hyper and talking to you... tell me to pull out my scriptures or the hymn book. Keep me on course.

Have a guy night... so I can miss you.

Know that I love my family, and that they mean everything to me.

Listen to my stories all the way through. I take forever to tell a story and it gets drawn out and there are side stories and all that stuff, but listen. LISTEN to me. Okay?

Take me to the mall to walk around and be goofy, or to just sit on a bench and people watch. I love to people watch.

Hm... I know there is more.. But that is all for now.
You're awesome,
Shelby Lou

Comments

  1. haha that was awesome. honesty is refreshing and funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any guy who treats you like an accessory at all doesn't deserve you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fair list!
    Let me know when you find this guy & if he has a brother ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was SO ENTERTAINING!!!
    I LOVE it!!!
    PLEASE do more of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful letter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I printed this off and put it in my journal. FYI.

    -c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto!! And well said. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't mind me, just blog hopping. but just wanted to say you sound like a hip hip girl. any guy would be lucky to date you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts