Candle Store Chronicles: Part 3,509

First off.

Dude. Lady. Whatever you are. Why did you just leave your baby in the basinet on the other side of the store. That is precious cargo! FOR REALS. I could understand if the child was asleep and right by the desk where you can see her from ANYWHERE, but she was right by the door. Um hello?! Is this thing on??? Secondly, what are you doing?? Why are you sticking your grubby, chub roll hands in my candles?! I don't understand. For truth though, this lady was opening the candles, sticking her finger inside, and running it along the top, then smelling them. Like, adding friction to the candle will bring it to life! You are insane.

Oh my, lanta.

Why are you giving this lady suggestions. You don't work here, that isn't your job. If they were nice suggestions then maybe I would let it slide but, you did me dirty. "Oh my gosh, don't smell that Orchard Peach one, it smells like cat piss. You know, like when a cat pees in a litter box? Yeah it smells just like cat pee in a litter box." What? Who are you? "Don't you think that one smells like cat pee? Hasn't someone told you that before??" No, no one has told me that before, because no one thinks it smells like cat pee, because it smells like peaches.

I'm looking for scented tea lights.

We don't carry those, but we do carry votives. So I take the guy over to the votives and he's like, "These are nice. I was just looking for tea lights, because we like to put them around our bedroom. My wife you see, she is having a baby, and with our last child, when she was in birth we had a subtle aroma going." *Blank stare* T.M.I. Miss thang, T.M.I.

Loudest lady ever.

So this lady comes in about once every two months. She comes in again and she talks really loud. (I have already gotten slack for this from my family, because I speak really loud, my voice volume is like 20, on a 10 point scale.) She however, speaks louder then I do and she has a weird accent from I'm not sure where, and she is just kind of rude. "This light bulb burnt out and I need a new one!" (adding exlamation points to everything makes it more real, she was yelling.) "It only lasted like two weeks! How long was this supposed to last! (no question mark, because she is STILL yelling) I am so disappointed!" I told her it must have a glitch in it, but she didn't have a reciept so I couldn't get her a new one, free or discounted. She flipped out for a while then all of sudden she turns from me and goes.."What candles are on sale!!!!" What? You were just pissed, now you seem less pissed, but still flustered, and you are asking for help. Okay, just go along with it. In the middle of me showing her the shelves she goes..."THAT STUPID LIGHT BULB! Next time I a brining a reciept!! If this doesn't last for more than two months I will be so upset!!!!" Just save your reciept ma'am and if it doesn't work, we will be sure to replace it for free or discounted. Then she stayed in the store for another 20 minutes looking at candles, then getting mad, looking at candles, and getting mad. It was ridiculous. My sister says that she thinks it is her next door neighbor. I wouldn't second guess it, her neighbors are sketchy.

One more week, and I am done at the candle store. WOOT WOOT! I'm kind of sad though, my stories are good, annoying at the time, but WAY funny later... click the label below to read some of the other ones... The guy who came in looking for his shoe. The lady with 4 children. My personal favorite is the one where the lady came in asking if the candles were for sale. Oh my goodness...

Comments

  1. I really like it when you do candle store stories. They make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a friend who says "oh my lanta" made my day!

    i work at a daycare. i should start a feature. those kids are crazy. for real.

    your stories made me giggle...people can be so obnoxious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha classic. not really sure how classic applies but i mean it more the way it feels that what it means. so yeah, good story.

    you should vlog those stories haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working with the public is a suckfest.

    However, these stories are hilarious! As are you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts