Wanna Race?

I'm a runner. I sprint so hard you barely see me. I could beat you in a race. Seriously. Maybe I should clarify, this isn't real running... because when I run for real, I about have a friggin' heart attack. (I'm not good with cardio.) This is the kind of running that happens between relationships, mental breakdowns, and good things that happen. It varies. A long time ago, almost a year to the day, I was broken. Now, without fail, no matter how many times I tell myself it's ok, it really isn't. How could someone be okay with heartbreak? It just doesn't seem right. So when people get too close for comfort I run away, I make like snake and skidaddle my way out of there. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE is going to hurt me. It just isn't going to happen again, I wont let it. That is probably where I need to stop for now. Just know, that it happens and sometimes in life you need to stay put, and other times, you need to run. I'm officially running. Try and keep up.

Other then that vague and awesome description of what is happening to me right now, I just got back from Provo. Where, I got an apartment. I will be saying my goodbyes to Las Vegas on December 28th, 2009. Just in time for a new years celebration with a bunch of new friends in a new apartment with endless possibilities. Was it really just this time last year that I was filling out my application for USU and planning my break out to Logan. Now, here I am again, a little earlier this time, on my way to Provo. Of course I know things won't be too different but, this is the time of my life for me to do what I want, and take advantage of every-single-opportunity.

Ok so, there were some pretty fine young men in Provo. There was this one guy who worked at the Gap, oh my delicious. SERIOUSLY. He was like a tall glass of lemonade on a hot summers day! The man was foi-ne. I died. He talked to me for a little while, just because he worked at Gap probably but either way he was talkin' and I was talkin' back. What it do baby boo! All I have to say is, Dear Johnathan from the Gap at University Mall, be my boyfriend in a month and two weeks. Kthanksbyeeee.

OH and I got the funniest letter from my missionary friend Steve-O. It was hilar. I will have to figure out how to scan stuff in the computer and post it on here. I died of laughter. It was a survey for young women who should date WEWRM's (West Everett Washington Return Missionaries). It has all these questions you can fill out so that you have the chance to date a WEWRM and all this jazz. It is hilar. I almost died. haha Loooovvveee it!

Comments

  1. Wow. You could probably beat me in an emotional race! :D

    Cute CUTE blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Shelb. You sound like a good runner, and I think it's good to protect yourself from being hurt, but just don't let that make you run from everyone. You'll find a guy who'd never dream of hurting you doll, you deserve him and I'm sure you'll get him!

    WHAT!? You're moving to Provo? Dude. New bffs. I live in Provo! I hope everything goes well with moving and living here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts