The Right Side of The Bed

The other weekend I went to a Comedy Club with a couple of my friends. We weren't exactly the right age, but we had connections so we got in. In all honesty, I think it would have been a lot better if we hadn't gone, it was pretty vulgar and kind of made me want to hide under a rock. Not to make it sound better though, it did have some really funny parts. One part that I have been thinking about lately is when the last comedian got up and was like, " Have you ever just been sitting there and accidently choked on your own spit? You think to yourself, why did I just forget to breathe?" I laughed so hard it was hilarious! Mostly because I have done it. I'm sure you have to, your'e just sitting in your car driving along and BAM your coughing and choking for no reason. It's a tough life we live.

Something else I realized is that I can drink my alloted amount of water, or more, if I drink it through a straw. There is no way in heck that I could drink a whole 8 glasses of water straight from a cup with no ice. It has to have ice, it has to be cold, and I have to have a straw. I never finish water bottles unless I'm working out or something, and that is rare ;).

Speaking of working out I have started my new Being Better routine. I didn't work out yesterday because of the whole tooth thing, and the Valeum, it kind of held me back. I did, however, leave hanging out with my friends early Monday night so I could do my Yoga and this morning I woke up at 6:30 to do my Yoga. I can't say I feel better, because I'm feelin' really tired right now, but hey, in the long run it will work out for me! I also have told most people I know that I love them more often, I even told Calvin & Jake over at MBP that I loved them. Now that is some obedience to my new rules! I'm having trouble waking up and praying. My morning prayers usually turn into early afternoon prayers because I am either really tired, or in a huge hurry to get somewhere in the mornings. Not to justify not praying in the mornings or anything. I've been marking up my copy of the Ensign with all the general conference talks in it, and things I learn come back to help me in real life. No joke.

An example would be, the other day my friend was having a hard time so I told him that we all go through trails and that there are three different reasons for those trails. One because of natural causes, two because of other people's choices, and three because of our own choices. It makes sense, and I think it helped him a bit to better understand it's not your fault if you are doing what is right, it's not God smiting you either. It's our free agency at work, and that agency reminds us of the atonement and can help us be strong. It can also, make us blind to things, we just have to choose which it will be.

Last night D and I watched "Meet Joe Black", oh my gosh how I love this movie. The last time I saw it was with Frank so it has been almost a year! Let me just tell you, Death is HAWT. Especially if he looks like Brad Pitt. :D

William Parrish: Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I'm not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived.

Basically, it is one of my favorite movies. There is a part before this quote that I can't find but it says something like, "I want you to be deleriously happy, or at least let yourself be open to be."

I have so many thoughts today, maybe I will post again later. All I know is that I am happy today. It feels good! :D

Comments

Popular Posts