The King and I

The other night D and I hit up the Signature Production of The King and I. It was an amazing play, seriously. The music was great and the actors sung so beautifully! I really couldn't get enough, you all should know by now that I am a play/oprea freak. I might not know MUCH but I know ENOUGH to make it something I love. Anyway it was a really funny night all together because D was hilarious as always. I'm not sure if she realized she was doing it until I pointed it out but the whole time we were in line waiting for our tickets ( about 10 minutes) she was asking question after question. This is how it went down.

D: Why is this line so long?
S: I don't know!
D: Is this even the right line?
S: I'm pretty sure it is, a lot of other people are waiting in it.
D: There are so many old people here. DUDE! Look at that ladies ELBOWS!
(Her elbows looked like seperate body parts from her arms, that's how fat they were.)
S: hahaha, well it's a library, old people come here.
D: That makes no sense, Hey look at that kid... how do I know him?
S: I don't know! He does look familiar.
D: We better be able to sit next to each other.
S: Yeah.
D: Why is this line so long?
S: I don't know!
D: Is this even the right line? They are taking forever!
S: Yeah, it's the right line.
D: There are soooo many old people here! Remember that ladies elbows? haha
S: ???

Seriously, the conversation went on and on like that for ten minutes, same questions, same everything. Until I realized that we were really loud and talking about some ladies elbows wasn't a good idea, and that everyone else behind us was waiting in line too. It was so funny how that happened, maybe you just had to be there. Either way, I think this is hilarious, because well I was there.


We sat down in the theater and realized we were sitting right next to the weird elbow lady, and in front of these really bigger ladies who's boobs almost hit our heads when they sat down. YEAH nasty. After a while though, the play was all that mattered and they did a fantastic job! Really, I loved it! My institute teacher, Sister Oblad is the music director and my eye doctor, Brother Larsen (who is also LDS) has always helped out with the Signature Productions here in vegas. So it was good to see them. When I was in middle school my friend Janaye and I would go usher for these plays so it was a total throwback. All in all we had a great night! We got out of the play around 10 oclock and then went straight home afterwards, I'm pretty sure we are old fogies not being able to stay up past 10. HA oh well!

P.S. I was going to post a picture, but this computer at the store is taking FOREVER to do everything so make sure you check back later! :D

Comments

  1. How fun!! I'm a play freak too!! I'm going to see Phantom on Tuesday, I CANNOT wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you and big D had fun at the king and I! You guys are very cultured now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts