Mood

Have you ever had one of those days were it seems like everyone is out to get in your way. They all want something from you, or they are mad at you, or people are just acting dumb in your direction. Today was one of those days for me. I understand that I work in sales, I do, it's just that sometimes everyones questioning and wondering gets annoying. Things like, "Why is this candle a different color? There are air bubbles in here! Where is your store located? How much is this with the 40 percent off? Where is this? Why is this like that?" Well, the questions got too much today. To begin with, I wasn't in a good mood. Just something made me want to punch people in their groin all day. I was trying to hold back my moodiness and I was doing a pretty darn good job until 6 people were in the store at once, with children, with questions, with rude comments. Bascially it got out of line. I really was seriously considering just dropping everything and running out of the back door screaming OH MY HELL!!!!
When I am frustrated, or when things get too overwhelming I get clumsier. Clumsier then what I normally am, which is like a frieght train off the tracks. So everytime I hit my knee, tripped over a box, dropped a candle, dropped a box of candles, or got stuck in the box room I muttered curse words under my breath. I'm not proud to say that I cuss on occasion but it happens, that's life. So here I am running into boxes while filling out fundraisers, 'seriously, oh my hell', or 'damnit, stupid box!'. I'm sure the costumers were so pleased.. I really don't think they heard me though.
My sister was kind enough to bring me taco bell today and it took me 2 full hours to eat it, because there were so many people in the store. There was this one couple who had a complaint, then had to find different candles they wanted. They stayed for 45 minutes. They hovered in my space, didn't let me eat my burrito, and were obnoxious. I can't even begin to explain what happened there, except for that is when it really started off (my frustration). One hour and thirty minutes later there were still 3 people in the store and more coming in and out. I was almost to tears. I just am so frustrated. I am actually about to cry right now, typing this. Mainly because I'm scared another person will walk in the door, or the phone will ring. I know it sounds silly and all that, but it really as taken a toll on me today. I don't know why I am like this right now but I feel like I am breaking down. My brain is hardly working.
A lady just came in the store and asked if I was ok.
3 people have come in the store since I started writing this.
The last person was an "apologetic shopper" always apologizing for not knowing what she wants...
Sometimes I feel like I am getting energy just pulled straight from my heart, like those circus performers who pull the never ending scarf out of their sleeves. I feel like there are people on either side of me playing tug-a-war with my body. Everyone wants a piece of me, everyone but the people that I want. I feel like I need an angel or something to come rescue me. That's how horrible I feel right now. ugh...
I want to just cry. BUT I am at work, and Edward will be in my life in about 3 hours. So... I'm signing off. Sorry today was such a downer post. I'm just not in a good mood.

Comments

  1. Ugh. I despise days like this. I too swear far too much...I am trying to quit (or at least tone it down) and it is not going well.

    Edward will make all better! He always does..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl I feel your pain!!
    I love Taco Bell!
    And you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bad days are the worst-- but isn't it funny how screaming something as simple as OH MY HELL will somehow make you feel all better inside!! I know I shouldn't swear, but sometimes it is just the best way for me to exhaust my frustration! I support stress relieving cuss words :D ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts