Being Better

Why should I wait until New Years to start this? Seriously, that has been my thought for the past 20 minutes. After realizing that I'm not as strong as I should be, I came to the conclusion that it is not going to get any better if I am just sitting around waiting for things to come to me. I want to blog about this and some of it is very private things I don't want to say outloud or have never said, so those things will go in blanks. I do however want you to all see how this is going to affect my life because I am NOT going to give up on this and I am going to try my very very hardest starting TODAY. You know when you think about starting a new diet plan or exercise plan, and you say oh, I will start NEXT week. Well, this can't wait until next week. So here goes my brain storming...
*BLANK* (this is for my own records ha)
Spirituality
-Read scriptures EVERYDAY
-Pray morning and night
-Tell people I love them, constantly.
-Be a missionary, I wish more then anything I was on a mission right now, so doing this might help soften that wish and make it more of a reality.
- Desire to be good
- Go to the temple once a month

Physically
-Less Meat (I don't know why but I feel ten times healthier when I am not eating so much of it.)
- No Candy
- Exercise daily, doesn't matter what it is, just do SOMETHING once a day.
- WATER lots and lots of WATER
- Relive shakes twice a day.
- Get dressed and look nice, everyday no matter what.

Miscellanious
- Deep Clean my room
- Deep clean my car
- Deep Clean my ipod of songs that aren't appropriate
- Save money
- get another job (day care, hospitality)
- meet someone new once a week
- go hiking
- take Sunday walks
- do mouth paintings (Jane and I used to do these in Logan all the time, SO MUCH FUN!)
- do something off of my things to do before I die list once a month
- train to run a 5K (because that is a lot of running for me)
- give service
- spend time with my cousions Mo & Jay and my nephew Bubba
- learn how to cook 3 meals every month
- do things without being asked ( this one is hard, do you want to know why? Well, growing up when I was asked to do something I always did exactly that, nothing else. It always seemed as if I tried to do more I either messed it up, it had already been done, or something else. My Dad is the kind of person who knows what I am talking about. When someone tells you what to do, you do exactly that, no more no less. Sometimes that is good, and other times... not so much.)
- go to the family history center once a month.
A million other things that, as I think of them, will be added to this list. If you have any good ideas tell me! Thanks

Comments

  1. Love the list.

    And ps, you drink relive?! My mom used to sell that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you girl!!
    Best of luck to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome goals. Seriously. I'll be keeping track of how often you tell me that you love me, Shelby (#3 under Spirituality).

    Ba-lee dat!

    -c

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts