What's Your Candle Type Personality?

When working in the world of candles there are many different types of people to look out for. They come in all sorts of disguises and in a plethora of ways. The ones you really need to watch out for are the ph-onies.

Type 1 - The Experts
These people are lovely. They come in, they know what they want. They buy their candles and leave. Sometimes they ask about new scents, but not too often, they like what they like.
Subtype to type 1- The Stockers
These people are pretty rockin'. They make you look like the queen of sales, when in reality, they knew what they wanted. They come in every 6 months or so and restock their shelves. They buy multiple scents and a whole lot of them. A candle for every room! (I believe in this)
Type 2- The Skeptics
Oh how I want to wring you around the neck for being such a question-y and oppionated human being. Okay, maybe your not that bad... These people come in, stay for 20 minutes then either leave, or fall in love. It's a crazy battle in their minds I tell ya.
Type 3- The One Kind Shopper
They like Pumpkin Spice and Pumpkin Spice only. If they don't get it, they order more, and if it takes too long they get pissed. "I need 7 small votives, 2 10 oz, and 4 of the big ones! PRONTO! " Geez lady, could you be more demanding? "Don't you have pumpkin spice car fresheners?!!" Yikes.
Type 4- It's Whatever
I think that I have a love-hate relationship with these people. They either; like candles, it's their first time shopping, or they just want a gift. They don't really care what they get or how much it costs. Sometimes they let their small child decide. Either way they came in for something so they will get it and leave.. no big.
Type 5- The Crazies
This type includes many subtypes. The ultimate crazies are the people who come in and tear apart the store. They move candles in places they shouldn't be, they talk really loud ( This store is the size of a large dressing room people!! okay, maybe not THAT small, but the acoustics are intense.) They talk so loud and they keep asking for prices, or the names, or WHAT IS THIS? WHY? WHY! "This candle smells like crap!" Ummm Serioulsy? While I'm standing here? "Ask the Lady!" Hello, I have a name and it's not that I can't hear you, you just decided to ask someone who knows NOTHING about candles for help.
Subtype A to type 5- The WTF Crowd
They have no idea if this is a candle store, a candy shop, or a carpet place. Or maybe they lost a shoe and are looking for it.... (I talked about this story once in one of my pasts posts.)
Subtype B to type 5- Moms of 3
I know life is hectic, times are tough, and so on and so on. BUT unless you have all three of them in a stroller or they are all incredibly well behaved... don't bring your children to the candle store. Some mothers have the joy of having only 1 child that acts like 3 children in one. ;) You my dear need to wait for the babysitter or the father to be home to come in. Thanks.
Type 6- The Ph-onies
Hi, Salt City Candle! This is Shelby...OKAY Could I stop and tell you how scared I am to say that sometimes? Answering the phone to possibly pissed people. I hate angry, upset and mean people. If you need to call a candle place and talk about how your candle isn't buring right, and yell. You should see someone, like a therapist. SERIOUSLY.
Subtype A to Type 6- Fundraisers
So confusing... nuff said.
Finally...
Type 7- A Witch with a B
You suck. You make my day horrible. You come in with your half-burnt candle and say it doesn't smell enough. You dropped your entire bag of candles from the car and want a refund. Darling... there is a no return policy here at SCC. If you can't read that fatty sign on the counter, that's not my problem. As you can tell, these people are the WORST. Really.

So for all of you candle buying lovers out there.. pick your type and evaluate how you act. I don't need to deal with all your moodiness over candles. That's not my job. My job is to sell a high quality product, and I do it, well. I like my job, it's fun, but it also comes with some crazy candle people.

I hope you enjoyed this post. I really needed to get this out of my system. :D

Oh, and by the way... Major Shout out to Alisha over at OAKSTREAM PHOTOGRAPHY. She is a GENIUS in wedding photography, I will so be getting my wedding pictures done by her if she is still in the business. This is my beautiful friends Erin & Ryan's wedding. Look how stunning they are! I'm in the front 4th from the right. In the turquoise. ;)

Comments

  1. What type do you think I am? Do think I am a total Biotch when I come in there? Sometimes I make fun of you but that is just sisterly love I swear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can i just say i think me and about 2 or 3 other people that we know actually understand exactly what you are talking about in this post. Yes, this is all completely true. haha love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was hilarious! I love the babysitter one - GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts