Reading Habits

So pretty much, school is for sissies. Okay, maybe I am being drastic, but for me, to me... I don't like it. Last night I was at the Hardy's house playing Imgainiff for G-friends birthday, he turned 22. There was a card that asked, " Imaginiff ____ "Shelby" had to write a book report for school would she...

1. Read the whole book
2. Cliff Notes
3. Read the first and last chapters
4. Watch the movie

There were other options too but I forget. The first thing I thought was... WATCH THE MOVIE. That is when it hit me... I hate me a book report. I hate papers, I hate reading. I think I have explained my reading habits to you, not exactly made for college. Let me show you how I would read something.. Here is an example..

Happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy.A variety of philosophical ,religious, psychological and biological approaches have striven to define happiness and identify its sources.

Philosophers and religious thinkers often define happiness in terms of living a good life, or flourishing, rather than simply as an emotion.Happiness in this older sense was used to translate the Greek Eudamiona, and is still used in virtue ethics.

While direct measurement of happiness presents challenges, tools such as The Oxford Happiness Questionarrie have been developed by researchers. Positive psychology researchers use theoretical models that include describing happiness as consisting of positive emotions and positive activities, or that describe three kinds of happiness: pleasure, engagement, and meaning.


The bolded words are the sentences or sections I actually read. Everything else is skimmed over.. Whether it be, that it isn't interesting enough, or just that I can tell what it is saying by skimming over the words. Words I noticed so I could understand the paragraphs are italicized.

BOTTOM LINE is...

I'm just not a reader. I can be, but I just don't want to be. I'd much rather watch a show...

This blog is ending abruptly because the next iron chef is on and I can't focus..... ha

Comments

Popular Posts