It's Not a Lie, It's For Real

There are some things you should know about me...

In high school, I listened to screamo music, and I still like to listen to it occasionally. I don't think they are talentless, I think that they are just misunderstood.

I don't like longer hair on guys. It doesn't matter if you are Brad Pitt, you look better with a crew cut.

I don't dot my i's when I write. Not because I have a phobia of it (like I used to tell people) just because I think it looks better. Who wants to say they have a tittle on their page anyways. If you ask me, it sounds like you just cursed your writting with some sort of hepitis.

I used to hate motorcylces, but now I like them. As long as you aren't stupid.

I love black and white movies, but I have only seen a handful. Just because I can talk about Bette Davis doesn't mean I know my movies. I would love to know more but I just haven't gotten around to it.

I watch House but I don't know much about it. I have seen maybe, 25 or 30 episodes in full and I love it, but I'm not a hardcore follower.

Country music is great. That doesn't mean I know the names of my favorite singers.

I'm an Apple girl. Tried and True. Just don't ask me why, because all I can tell you, is that I like my Macbook better then any PC you can put in front of my face.

I read, what I want. When I say I love reading, I mean... I love to read a really good book every now and then, get totally engulfed in it, then not read another book for a couple of weeks. I can't be a reader, my mind doesn't work that way. When I read, if I know what's going to happen or I see too many descriptive words... I just jump a couple of paragraphs to the next interesting thing. I never read the entire page, unless it is scripture.

If I get that sense from you, that you are the type of person that starts drama. Or just the type of person who isn't someone I should hang out with. I will be nice to you, offer you a water bottle (if the occasion permits) then, I just wont say anything else. I'm not into talking to people I know will just mess with me. How do I know? It's all in how you treat others...


Comments

  1. Do you know what I love about this post?
    How straight up you are and how you give me this sense of
    "Dude I am Shelby Lou and this is me and if you don't like it you can take this job and shove it!"
    You're my fav!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts