Shhhhhhhhhhh

I'm not sure what is more annoying, the fact that I can't focus, or the fact that this library has a weird interruption schedule. As soon as I sit down in my chair it takes me about 20 minutes to group myself together and focus. Then, I start my studying...
I begin by going onto my online campus and looking at what has to be done, then I start reading. Everything around me is quiet as a mouse until I reach a point- and I always do- where I am completely focused and everything else goes away. Suddenly, things are making sense, the Puritans are crazy and I am waiting for a witch trail.
Then BAM! Out of no where, a crying baby, a mom with a really big stroller that she should have left in the car (seriously.. that thing that goes on the back of your bike isn't supposed to come in the library!!), or someone is smacking a wad of newspapers repeatedly on the counter. Why you ask? I have no idea, not a one. The best one is when some kid at the youth computer center turns on a TV show on the computer and turns up the volume. What a treat.
Then, as soon as you are about to take your test the old man behind you, that is always here when you are, gets a phone call. Ummm it's a library. So he starts gabbing on and on about the model for the solar reconstructive tower and how he is on pacific time and that he will email him the memo in an hour. There go the English Colonies, out one ear.
All I'm really asking for is a little consideration. It IS a library. The children don't bother me as much as they used to, accept for when they start running up and down the isles. Lord almighty I almost take a limb off them as they are running by. (Just kidding)
Now, there are some of you who are instegators, people who want to start a fight and want me to know that... Shelby you can stay home and study. No, No I can't actually. I can't focus at home. There is a TV, a couch, a fridge, two dogs, the mailbox (don't ask), and my really soft and comfortable bed, sofa, and sometimes the dining room floor. I really can't afford those distractions.
This isn't whining. This is just a "memo" for those of the people who go to the library. Picture me wearing thin square glasses with a really pretty holder on them so I can easily take them on and off ( you know what I'm talking about) and I have grey curly hair and nice age spots. My finger is pointing at you and I am telling you to shhhhhhhhhhhh.

Comments

  1. Hey hey girlie!! I feel your pain.

    My blog address changed....fyi

    www.thebrunettecinderella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts