Hope Gets Me Through The Day

Today my awesome sister Jordan is guest blogging here on my blog. I am so glad that she decided to do it and I can't wait to come home and see what she wrote! This post is part of a new mini series here on my blog called, Finding Hope.

"Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness. Its absence—when this desire of our heart is delayed—can make 'the heart sick' (Proverbs 13:12)."



Now here is Jordan...

Shelby asked me a couple of days ago to be a guest blogger on her very own blog. I have never guessed blogged in my entire blogging existence, and I am pretty nervous about it. I hope I do Shelby Lou's Blog justice.

I hope for many different things on a daily basis. Like please let me not get a speeding ticket while I'm traveling 80 in a 55, please let my Dr. Pepper taste just right, please let my family make it through the day, please don't let these mistakes I know I'm making haunt me for the rest of my life, please one day when the time is right let me have my babies. I hope these things and many other things like a constant prayer in my heart all day. I hope like it is going out of style.

I think as we grow and mature into the people that we are trying to be our hopes tend to change. When I was a kid I would hope every year to catch Santa putting my presents under the tree. When I turned 16 I hoped that my parents would get me a car. When I met the man of my dreams I hoped that someday he would ask me to marry him. Now I'm at the point in my life where I am still hoping for silly things like my Dr. Pepper, but also hoping that my future will turn out how I always dreamed it would.

To me hoping is believing in something higher. Hope is like a mini prayer. I have the hope in my heart that someday when the time is right I will have children. I will be a good mother, and my husband will be a good father. I pray about it, I dream about it, I believe that it will one day happen. Hope gets me through my day. It helps me get to the end of the road and smile, it reminds me that no matter what someone loves me. That no matter the mistakes I make, I can fix them and become the person that I want to be.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts