Don't Let Them See You Cry

Don't let them see you cry
When the dam breaks down and the city is covered in water
Cause I believe we fly
When the moon takes shape and I dose off, on your shoulders

I trust that you see it too

So breathe while you're alive
Let the big band play as you tap leather with your fingers
And I tried to write in style
But the words just come and I write them as soon as I see them

And I trust that you write them too
And I trust that you love me too

I really love this song, it makes me have hope for things. It is a sweet little verse. I love the lines, And I tried to write in style, But the words just come and I write them as soon as I see them. I used to have such a way with words, or at least I thought I did. I miss being able to crank out posts from no where that truly put my feelings across in a way that sounded eloquent. It takes time for writers block to go away, and sometimes all you need is just a change of pace. Maybe someone breaks your heart, or you fall in love. A friend or family member dies, you learn about God. Something like that, makes a writers mind tick, it makes them able to bring words alive on a page. I love this song from The Manchester Orchestra. The first line is what got me, then I heard Cause I believe we fly. Isn't that what relationships are about, because I'm pretty positive that is what he is saying. They fly together, and they are safe in each other. Which is the most important thing.
I have something personal that I am going through, but I know God will help me if I let him. He wants to see me fly, he wants to see me safe. He writes my life as a story, he writes it as soon as he sees it. He trusts me to write my life in a way that shows I love him. That is what I see from this song. That might not be what the band was trying to get across, I am pretty sure The Manchester Orchestra is not a God Fearing Band. It's alright though, because music is music.

Forever & Always
Shelby Lou

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts