The Hours Turn To Minutes

In under 10 hours I will be making the long trek home. I will be leaving this little place that I have called my home for this wonderful summer. I will leave behind my great friends, truly kindred spirits. My journey with them won't be over, thanks to the vast amount of technology that has made our generation what it is. I am sad to be leaving behind all these good people, truly genuine girls who have their hearts set on eternity, and righteous fun-loving boys who keep each other in line. Mostly I will miss Quimbly and the long hours I spent here being an "adult" taking the moments of life-on-my-own in.

When I decided to go back home it was an easy decision, because I knew, that even though I had talked and talked about how I would probably not go back, and how I planned not to... things change. I wanted to come out here and be an adult make my mark on the world where I hadn't already scribbled out things. Being away from home and living on my own taught me so much. It taught me not to take my family for granted, my Dad was right all these years, they really are the only thing I have left. My religion and my family will ALWAYS be there no matter what. Other lesson's I learned where how to take care of myself, not to freak out when bad things happen, and to trust in the Lord.

As the hours turn to minutes I am so excited to be going home to Vegas. I am a city girl at heart, I feel more at home in Salt Lake then I ever will here in Logan. (Though nothing can surpass a Logan sunset or a float down the canal.) I am ready to see my family again and be with them, and with my dogs, oh how I missed those animals! In just a matter of days I will be starting school again, gaining knowledge and all those good things. Good things will happen when I get home, I am a different person now, and I am so grateful for this experience. I will never regret it. Not as long as I exists.

Comments

  1. Utah will miss your little self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait! Love Mo & Jake

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad this was such a great experience for you! You will do great things wherever you are Ms. Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is nothing like coming home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts