Spend Time [Far] Far Away


Jane & I at the Bluebird for a late lunch! :D

As my last post explained I have been living out of a backpack for the past couple of days. Well, since Saturday. It has been a pretty intense time of travel, and other things. Going to some places, for the last time, for a while. Pulling out the last of my memories here in the great state of Utah, with my wonderful friend Jane.

The biggest deer at Jane's House

When I was little my Dad would go far, far, away. Meaning, he would be driving truck from Nevada to Texas, or Utah, or California. Being the child of a truck driver was a magical thing. Because even though my Dad was just going a state over to the naked eye. In my world he was going FAR FAR AWAY and beyond, and would return with lotions and hotel keys that made my imaginary world, just that much better.
Barn boots ROCK. Well, I don't like the purpose of them.. but they look cute! :D

I went far far away to the next city over. The Great Salt Lake. I love Salt Lake and have decided that if I decide to come to Utah to get my masters or to further study in anything, I will go to the University of Utah. Okay now is where there are Aggie's throwing things at me. Let me just ask you this one question. HAVE YOU BEEN ON THEIR CAMPUS?!?! It is gorgeous beyond belief and it is in the city. I love the city. Anyways, we went out to Salt Lake and had a grand old time. We played at Angie's house. (Jane's Aunt) We watched the movie Billy Elliot. Have you ever seen that movie? It is the greatest thing ever. The music in it is BOMB I think I will be loading some onto the side bar. We went to the Dollar Theatre and watched Night at The Museum 2, which is a hilarious movie bytheway. I love love love it. We ate too much ice cream at Maggie Moo's but in the process I found my sister Jordan's favorite ice cream, or what would be. RED VELVET CAKE ice cream, say what?!?! Traveling onward we spent time in Oakley Utah where we traveled in Row boats across Jane's Pond. Gave pets to the deer in the lower pasture, and of course walked ourselves down to the Rhode Island Diner for a tasty treat.

The Salt Lake Temple

Yet, even with all the farm fun nothing can outweigh the experience I had going to the Salt Lake Temple to do baptisms. I love the beauty that is on the outside but when you go inside, man your heart just melts. Nothing can compare, or has yet to compare, to the beauty of the Las Vegas Temple. I think, I really took for granted the Las Vegas Temple and how much I love and adore it. It is amazing. On top of that we made a trip to East High to see where High School Musical was shot. Let's just say my hopes and dreams for it where shot down like a duck on a duck hunt. The movie makes that school look so much more amazing then it is. When in reality it is kind of ghetto. The cafeteria is SO much smaller then they make it look. Oh, and the outside is not as pretty. Oh well, we all suffer let downs once in a while don't we? Later, we made our traditional trip to the Photo-booth in the Utah Natural History Museum. Oh the laughter and joy to be found there.
Jane & I taking pictures in our Barn Boots

All in all I am sure you can guess that it was a great 4 days of being away and being able to spend time with Jane before I leave on Monday for the City of Sin. I am so excited to be going home, and I don't think anyone really understands. I am just so happy to be able to see my family and to be able to start school. That is a miracle in itself. I only have 5 more days left in Logan, it's kind of weird! It should most definitely be a party though!
Me, Jumping for Joy! :D

Comments

  1. Those barn boots are hot.
    They remind me of my cute rubber boots up at the cabin.
    Those deer are awesome, mom would love them.
    The SLC temple is pretty , but Vegas is my favorite.
    I am excited to see you!
    Daizy is excited to see you too!
    See you in a couple of days.
    Drive safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!!!
    And yay for going home!!!
    Your short hair, I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts