Going Home

I have a lot to think about today. I have decided I need to be an adult, and by doing that I need to change somethings. I love utah and I love Logan, pretty much more then anything. The only thing is, that, I have no money. Even if I got a full time job I wouldn't be able to go to school without taking out a loan, and I am NOT going to take out a loan. So I will be deciding in the next 3 days, because that is when I can still pay for classes at CSN, wether I will be staying here in Logan or going home.

If I stay here, I will be working and paying for rent and that is all. I will still have all my great friends and all these amazing people in my life.

If I go home, I will be going to school and working and living rent free. I will get to be with my family constantly and I will be able to do what I want. I also will be able to save my money and not spend it, so I can come back to Utah when I am ready.

BUT

If I go home, I wont see these amazing people everyday. I wont have very many friends in general. I won't be able to experience the winter and the beautiful weather here and the amazing things to do and the ONE MILLION different people that I could meet.

If I stay here, I will be wishing I was in school. Wishing I was with my family and missing them terribly, and just getting stuck behind everyone ANOTHER year.

What do you think?

Comments

  1. I have much love for you. And I know how you feel. It is a very hard decision and I would love to tell you what you should do, BUT you are the only one who can make this decision. I know you will make the best of what ever you choose. Just pray about it, and follow your heart. Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. This may be long. Sorry. BUT, why don't you want to take out a loan? If you live there year-round you can get residency and cheaper tuition. So you can pay less. Maybe don't go to school til you can do that and take out a cheaper loan? Because here are my thoughts on school loans...AS LONG as you use them WISELY and don't go crazy with loans then they are ok. Debt is not all bad. Stay out of it as much as possible but for things like education, some is ok. When you graduate and get a real job you can pay them off easier than you could now. I thought about moving home a few times, and am SOOOO GLAD I bever did. My opinion is stay. BUT, pray and do what YOU feel is right for you. Not for anyone else.

    Sorry this was so long. But I did warn you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am perplexed as well about the whole loan thing.

    I have paid out of state tuition for three years of school now (because my mission cut into my residency requirement, and some other things) and I have had to pay over $24,000 every year for school, rent and cost of living in general. Even with all I've saved, I am having to take out student loans.

    I know taking out a loan seems really scary, but it honestly isn't. I have done it before and even the Prophet has said that an education is ok to go into debt for (as long as you don't get more than you need, and use the funds wisely). To discount staying in Logan or continuing your education out of fear of getting a loan seems very strange to me.

    Granted, to each their own, but if yo pray about it then you will know what to do.

    If you need help figuring out the loan thing, let me know. I have had to do research the last few weeks so (just like I told Jane), I have essentially done all the work for you already. I already know which ones are the best ones, have the best rates, how to apply for them, etc. All you need to do is figure out how much you need. I feel like such a salesman, but seriously, I've already gone through this so don't stress out more than you have to, especially if I've saved you all the work that goes into it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts