Feature Friday

Jane Sorensen
This is my dear friend Jane. Jane is the greatest person any one could ever meet. She is the greatest friend I have ever had, always there, never pushy, and knows what life is made of. Of course she has had some hard times, but who hasn't? I love this girl with everything I have, and I am so sad (that doesn't even begin to describe it) that I will be leaving her. We have become attached this summer, you don't see one without the other. Yet, I know that even without me, she is going to do amazing things, make progress, and continue to be the genuine person she is. I love her. Did I say that already?? Jane is an art major, graphic design to be exact. On top of that she is a beautiful singer and plays the piano, violin, and most of all... the guitar. I hope you like our little interview and that you love her as much as I do!

Let's get the basics out of the way, shall we?
Where are you from?

Born in Salt Lake City, moved to Park City when I was 10 days old. Moved to OAKLEY Ut, the home of the Fourth of July Rodeo, when I was 4!!! I'm a small town girl!
How many years have you lived?
umm, I have been alive just 8 days short of twenty years. And I can't do math :)

What is your favorite color?
It changes all the time. right now... Humm... I'm loving blue and shades of grey... and anything tinted by rose colored glasses!

Okay, Now on to the hard stuff.

What means the most to you in this life?
God. The gospel. My family and friends. And having the ability to make the world and other peoples lives beautiful.

How do you view the world?
As a storybook that needs heros and saving, an unexplored map... My playground :) Majestic, and uncomprehendable, it holds more detail, beauty and simplicity than I can ever soak in!

What makes you the happiest?
Beauty and simplicity. Seeing other people succeed.Creating things and watching people create things. Seeing other people discover truth and love. People who do not fear to have passion. The wonderful girl who moved into my house one day, named Shelby Lou. (She reminded me to smile and be curious).
Candy ♥

What makes you sad?
Letting people down. Insincere people. Bullies and people who aren't strong enough to stand up to them. Getting sunburned.

What is so special about what you believe in? (The LDS church, etc.)
I have a purpose. This life isn't for no reason and we don't go through so many hardships and trials just to rot in the ground one day. We are given trials so that one day our faith will be rewarded. I can join the greatest being in the universe and go on to create on an endless scale. I will be with the people I love forever. And that while here on earth, I am never alone.

So, you are a graphic design major... that is neat!

What do you like most about art?
I love that it is a way of expressing oneself, but even more, that it is a way to connect with other people. To remind people of things that they believe in, or see in themselves. To remind them of the beauty and simplicity that they want to find in their own lives and that they originated from.

What is your favorite type of art?
The kind that reflects peoples thoughts, dreams and emotions and every day life. (I'm not really huge on modern art, but I can greatly appreciate it.)

Is it possible for everyone to be an artist? How?
Yes! Of course! To be an artist is to bring into exsistence something that did not exist before. So anything you make is art. It may not necessarily be beautiful or anything, but oh well. Anything new, symbolic or created is a form of art and it will always mean something to the person who created it.

You are a BEAUTIFUL girl and boys just adore you, I should know I was your roommate...

What kind of boys are you interested in?
Haha, oh snap! Well, contrary to what someone said, I'm not an untouchable, but true enough, not just anyone will do. I like a boy to be energetic. To have their own personality and confidence in who they are and what they do. They should love to work hard and serve hard. They should appreciate a girl for who she is and respect the fact that she is a girl, but they should also be able to see my flaws and problems and help me to correct them. I like boys who can strongly disagree with me, but still not care all that much. I hate when boys just flow with everything I do and say (Have your own dang opinion!). And I hate when boys treat you like a checklist of all the things they want to find. They should date a checklist if that's what they are looking for. I like when a guy can keep a fun element of surprise and an appropriate, but wonderfully, crazy side!

How do you feel about the way guys and girls are these days? (You know how they go about relationships, the "chivalry is dead" thing, and etc.)
Lame Sauce! 5% of chivalry is not dead, so find someone in that 5% and forget the rest! Guys and girls, don't just hang out and then make out! Court each other! Properly flirt! Be shy about each other and then get to know eachother from being around each other in all sorts of circumstances, not just watching movies together! Fall into freakin love! don't just get all lazy and comfortable and settle!

If you could have any 3 objects (that you don't have right now) what would they be and why? (Be materialistic please)
1. A top of the line Mac! ( for Graphic Design)
2. A small concealed weapon (for safety precautions)
3. A bottle of Gwen Stefonie's L.A.M.B. perfume! (It smells like heaven and makes you feel like a sophisticated woman!)

What are favorite possessions?
My Guitar! My elephant, Carlisle! My small red book of Mormon (which isn't mine anymore). My black choker. My notebooks and artwork and my JCrew Jacket.

If you were a witch and had to make a brew to kill someone with what would you put in it?
Thorns from a rose (and rose pedals) A feather from a swan and feather from a raven. Milk and cereal. Banana squash. Some rancid coffee grinds and then I'd spit in it at the end.

Describe yourself in ONE WORD.
Magical

Comments

  1. Hey, I love your blog! Honk if you love girls with pixies! Woot Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how she said a small concealed weapon! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um I love this girl!!
    She's amazing!!
    And she appreciates the amazingness that is you which makes her doubly awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Jane quoted marlo and the fact that she is untouchable. and I love you both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts