Clarification

I understand what some of you were saying about loans and all of that good stuff. Yet, in reality. ( I don't mean to offend) In my reality, it wouldn't be smart for me to take out a loan to take my general classes at Utah State when I can go home to Nevada and take my generals for HALF as much as it would cost to take them for 2 semesters here.

USU 2 Semesters- 5,000$
CSN 2 Semesters- 1,800$

BIG DIFFERENCE

On top of that, to just let you all know something. I understand that student loans can be paid off. Going into debt for your education isn't a bad thing, you will always carry your knowledge with you. It is very very important to me to be able to get and use my education. Yet, it is also very important to me to be an adult as much as I possibly can. Money scares me. If I am not ready to be an adult in that way, then I shouldn't TEST IT OUT. College isn't to test out your theories on money. It's meant to build them. At least that is how I see it. Now, some of you can do that, some of you can take out loans and be smart about it and not be scared. I can't. I can't do that at all, I'm not that type of person, it just isn't in me.

Next thing is... I had an idea today, that isn't very logical but could work... maybe.

I could take online classes at CSN and stay here in Logan.

UPSIDE: Staying with Jane, and all the people I love so dearly here. Staying here and getting residency and making money.
DOWNSIDE: I wouldn't make that much money because I would be paying rent every month and a half. Which in turn, would make staying here pointless, because I would still have to drive to Vegas to get books for my classes, I wouldn't be able to go to school here in the fall, and... well yeah.

I love UTAH I want to live here when I grow up. But maybe that is just it. I can't be here until I grow up. I hate the feeling of leaving my friends especially Jane. I have never had a friend like Jane before. She would be so sad, and I would hate to be the one making it that way. The thing is, it just isn't logical. It isn't the adult thing to do. I'm not going to loose a friendship by moving away, not this time. I am going to gain motivation and determination.

I still haven't decided yet.
Don't get any wild ideas.

Comments

  1. That's why I'm at the community college that I am at... I SAVE MUCHO $$$.. its worth it to take your general eds there-- even if you have to make social sacrifices for a little... in the long run I don't think you'll regret it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts