A Weeping Woman

There is a woman, here in Logan who makes the most sense to me out of every person here. She is constant and beautiful. Her sadness doesn't hurt your heart, it makes it free. She loves the people around her, the people who come and the ones who have been laid to rest. Her stone body encompasses the love that people show for each other when they have love ones that pass away.

I will miss Logan, especially this part of Logan. The cemetery, where there is so much peace. You can't hear the cars on the street and you can't be distracted by scary thoughts. I'm pretty sure this is my favorite place to be when I am in the mood to think, and learn more about myself. If you ever visit Logan. Visit this beautiful woman who is ever-so constant and true.


Comments

  1. Wow Shelby,
    So I have read your past few posts, and you are making tons of big decisions lately. Good for you. I must say though I was in Logan this last weekend and it was GORGEOUS!! I didn't want to leave and I don't even live there. I almost went to Utah State, but the spirit led me in a different direction, and I eventually ended up back in the hot desert. So while I was so jealous when I heard you moved up there I can understand when the spirit tells you something else may be right. As for the temple, when I was in college a lot of girls had their endowments and they weren't old enough for missions yet or getting married. So I think it is definitely a personal thing that you decide with the bishop and the Lord. I never had the desire to get mine before I got married because I wasn't ready for the committment, but I also thought it would have always been neat to be able to go to the temple when I was praying about getting married and making that decision in the temple with my fiance. So good luck. I know your family will love to have you back (plus you post more pictures than emily :) )and I think you are a great example to others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sculpture!!
    And such beautiufl words!!!
    They should be engraved on a plaque to be placed in front of her for all to read and appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats my favorite part too! me and the fam used to walk there a lot, she was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts