Run Forrest Run, In Circles


I know that this song is about cheating and about something that I will never experience, but for some reason this song touches my heart so much. I think right now I am feeling how she is feeling, in a different way. I want people to listen to me, I want people to not just SAY the are listening or ACT like it, I want them to LISTEN. I feel like I don't have a security blanket anymore, (with my hair gone) I feel like I need more confidence. I finally realize in the end, that I don't need them to listen to what I say, but it still hurts, it still hurts inside.

I'm so good at talking in circles. I just want things to be good and bad and happy and sad. I want things to happen, things to make me cry, things to make me scream with joy. I want to be confident with who I am. I guess that is why I cut my hair. Who needs to be beautiful to be confident? Maybe I never was to begin with. Maybe I just am not making any sense at all of anything. I just want to meet a person who will listen, even when I don't make sense. Who will look, even when there is nothing there.

Not too optimistic, I apologize. I just had to say something.


Comments

  1. Interesting post, Shelby...

    I can honestly say, however, that you are on the very short list of people that I consider to be true friends in the sense you're talking about. That care, even though they don't have to. It defies explanation, but that's what I live for. My Ohio trip made me appreciate that in a way I don't think I could've any other way.

    So thank you.

    And no, it's not too optimistic to expect that kind of people to be in your life. Any people--especially any guys--that are worth your time will strive to act this way. That's what separates the boys from the men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo whose Jared?????
    I LIKE his comment!!!
    How bout you date him????
    I like these deep confusing posts miss lou! They're fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha jared is my home-teacher. well, was. he is amazing. BUT not on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are one of those girls who would be beautiful with a shaved head. You are always full of sunshine I love that about you so don't do these sad posts that arent my shelby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts