Picture It.

I haven't posted a writing in a while. This is something I have been casually working on, trying to find an end to it but I can't seem to end it the way I want. I really like this piece. Take a read:



The city lights are suffocating my view of the stars. I need to be out of this place, out of the confusion of blinking propaganda and partially nude women. I long for the pitch-black dirt roads of the country and the ever constant melodies of crickets and toads. Where life seems to rise above the usual, and running barefoot makes sense. Oh city, you have given me lessons I could have never learned had I been born on the countryside. Lessons of modern art and wishes that come true at the turn of the clock. Yet with these lessons learned, I have but one idea twirling in my mind, to be free. Owning to my suspicions of the still dark night making sense of the rising sun peeking it’s way over mountains and hills, instead of buildings and fog. I understand the beauty of the city line, the magnificent architectural knowledge that encompasses every curve and feature. What I do not completely understand is the excellent creation that makes the mountains point and curve and the trees sprout out of every crevasse. This impatient longing for open air and endless skies of stars has been burning in my soul for longer then is healthy. It is my earnest wish that those who love the city enjoy what it has to offer, and in turn that my wishes of the country would be granted too. How glad I would be to receive such a gift, how my heart would fly from my chest and extend its metaphorical wings to the sky and soar higher and higher. This dream will forever burn in my soul.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts