Pick Your Battles

Today has been an eye opening day. That, or I am just delirious from getting asked on a date. More on that later.

I have found that I am a very up-in-arms sort of person. Everything is a battle, everything has to be fought for, or sacrificed in order to come about. Most people in the world learn to pick their battles young, me? Well, I'm pretty sure I was taught good technique, I just never used it to my advantage. For example:

BATTLE:
Waking up in the morning and doing my Sit Ups, then doing Yoga once a day.

This should be a NO BATTLE sort of thing. I should just do it, let my laziness be defeated and not worry about it. I am a young, able-bodied, woman and I should take care of my body the best ways I can. NO BATTLE. So, in the view of the no battle thing, I have come to realize the things I need to just let win.

NO BATTLE
1. Exercise
2. Scripture Reading, DUH! This is so a no battle item.
3. I misplaced my insurance form for my car so I need to drive less, just in precaution of getting a ticket. What did I do today? Went and rented a FREE RENTAL of an Aggie Blue Bike for 24 hours so I can go to work tonight. Ride my bike to work, Walk every where tomorrow night... BRILLIANCE.
4. Finding a new place for the fall. NO BATTLE, Lori decided to live with Caprice so I can stay in the house I have now, pay the 650$ by the end of the month, live 1000 million miles from campus... OR I could go and post 4 different posting of a CONTRACT FOR SALE so that when I back out of the house I don't feel horrible for Catherine. Get my 100$ back and find a new place, closer to campus. NO BATTLE- done & done
5. Forget about R.M. boy who we will forever name Trev. Forget Trev and his awkwardness and go for more appealing characters. Even if Trev is the picture of hawtness. Sad huh?

Now there are SOME things worth Battling it out over.

BATTLE
1. WORK. Getting the MAX hours I can and working my very very hardest.
2. LOAN actually learn about the Loan, Budget and Plan and fill my head with all that nonsense. SAVE money, MAKE money, and PAY OFF my loan before the end of NEXT SUMMER, so as to insure a debt free Sophomore Year, well debt free of FRESHMEN debt. Catch my drift?
3. Recapturing who I wanted to be and being that person. This isn't high school and this isn't a game. If I want to have the life I dream of.. I am going to have to be the person I set out to be. Bottom Line- NO EXCUSES. Excuses are bad reasons disguised.

What is your battle? What is your NO BATTLE?

P.S. I got asked to go on a group date today. It made my day. Make a star on your calendar for Saturday morning, because you WILL be hearing from me! haha

Love Peace & Hair Grease
Shelby Lou Whoo

Comments

  1. Loved this!!
    YAY for a date!!!!
    Trev = loser + not worth SLW's time

    My Battle:
    Keeping a good attitude about LAMESPICE CHINESE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts