Letters to My Sisters

Photobucket

Dear Big Sister,

I love you terribly! Did you know that? It's kind of crazy actually. How much I adore and care for you. Family is the strongest bind there is. If I could only say one thing to you for the rest of our lives it would be I love you. Because even though, we can make each other really mad sometimes, I still do.

I wanted you to know that you are a very strong girl. Yet, along with that, you also have a very strong mind. Which in most states and countries is known as being stubborn. I need you to know that we love you and that we only are thinking of your benefits. We want you to be healthy, and happy. You can pull of happy so well, but sadly enough, healthy isn't your best act. Sometimes I wish I could call you and tell you all the times mom and dad tell me to call and talk to you when you get sick and need help. I haven't called. Because I know that you don't want people to worry, that when the entire family calls you within twenty minutes of a spill you get upset. Just know, that we love you and that is why we do it.

Know this my dear sister, I worry about you all the time. There isn't much you can do to stop that. Understand that I am here always, and that I am always wishing I could be home for you. Bringing you your meds after flirting with the guy at the bank in the grocery store. Watching Gilmore Girls with you all day. Opening up your soda cans and water bottles, carrying all your card making supplies so you don't have to. I wish I were there to help. All I can do is hope for the best, and remember how strong you are. You will make it through, you always do. Listen to your husband, to Mom and Dad, and take all the help you can get, my headstrong girl, and ALWAYS ALWAYS remember I love you.

Love,
Shelby Lou
Photobucket

My Dearest Emily Elise,

Thank you for always being the smarter one. The one with all of the common sense and the genuine care for others feelings. Whenever I did something stupid and it effected someone else you always told me. I never listened, but if I had I would be a better person then I am.

You are a great example to me, you always were happy and always made the most out of every situation. I can't recall a time in our lives when you didn't pop right back up after being pushed down. You beat cancer for heck's sakes! I remember seeing you after your first radiation treatment or whatever, in those weird pink pajamas and wanting to hug you. But all I could do was get mom's pink blanket (remember that blanket?! ) and lay it down on the couch and just pray that you would be okay.

I love you so much. You are a mom now and Carter is the luckiest kid alive. He has you, someone who will always lead him the right way and teach him how to play a mean game of tetherball! He will always be thankful towards you even when he doesn't say it. Trust me. Please remember how much I love you and know that you are a great and inspiring person in my life. I miss you each and every day...

Love Always,
Shelby Lou




Comments

  1. What wonderful letters!
    Your sisters are lucky girls ShelbyLou!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh how sweet! This was a super nice post. I LOVE you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pretty cool too. Love you Shelb.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts