I'm not asking for a ring

A lot of the time I think about my wedding day...

I think about how it will be and who will be there and if I will cry or not. Often times I wonder if I will cry at all... those really big tears of joy that come only in the best moments. I hope I do. Lately I have been thinking about my wedding day and wondering what I want it to be like. I have always been the girly girl, the one who wants all the lace and trimmings. I kept thinking how I would always be the girl to have this huge ring ceremony/ reception with 200 plus guests and a three course meal. Everyone would have to dress up in their nicest clothes and look fabulous and it would be a long, at least 3 hours, but fun time. Then I started to see all the details. The many many details. I kind of have changed my mind, and it is suprising me how different I am becoming. If I could plan anything at this moment it would be like this...

I would get married in the temple mid-afternoon, take pictures outside in the early evening... (this is fall time incase you were wondering october/november) I wouldn't have a wedding party at all. I thought about this, then I realized... my sisters would be the only people I ever would have anyways and I don't think they would care if they didn't have matching dresses or wore my wedding color. I actually think they would be relieved. It would just be me, and my husband and we would take pictures with our closest friends and family that were obviously outside the temple waiting for us. Then, we would go to a splendid place where there was a square hardwood dance floor with chairs and tiny miniature tables around of all heights. There would be drinks and a million cupcakes and cake for people to eat. We would dance and cut the cake and eat dessert and talk to people an take a million pictures. It would be a casual dress affair, no RSVP's, just a come as you are sort of thing.

I'm not asking for a ring, I'm not even asking for a boyfriend or a date. I'm just typing out my thoughts. I love to think about this day in my life, I love to think of all the beautiful things and people that will be there. I'm glad my mind is changing, the way I see this day now is so much better then before. There is more love and less elegance, there is more passion and less stress. I feel a good wave washing over me right now. Hopefully my husband wont mind that I have all of this planned out already!

edited to add:

Something else I have been thinking about... remember when I would post the picture of that really awesome solitaire tiffany's ring? I know there is a huge difference in me now because I would much rather prefer something different... Something like...


and thats all.


Comments

  1. Um talk about 180's miss lou!!
    Huge changes! Especially about the ring!! (Loved the post title btw!)
    I totally understand the planning the wedding thing! Do you know what colors you want? Mine have changed a million times, right now its yellow and red.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts