Its THAT Time of Year/ Anthropology/ Dreams

I feel like I need to catch up, so don't mind me. Just read all the previous posts too! K? K.

Goodness. I feel like things are just stuck.

Some days I really wish I could be a wanderer. Someone who takes off and goes to Spain, or Brazil and just meanders around looking at old ruins and learning the language from the people. Sleeping in hostales and eating fruit from trees and drinking water from rivers. I don't want to be a barbarian, I just want to be someone who is at a whim. Someone who is running in zigzag lines, instead of this huge circle that I seem to stay in course with. I imagine sun soaked trees, cobble stoned streets, brick buildings, and clay houses. Rivers running wild, and side-street markets. Asking for a mango and getting an exotic fruit, but loving every minute of it. Walking into old catholic churches and feeling the weather worn walls. Catching up with culture, and learning new things. Learning about peoples lives, their history how they live, how their ancestors lived. Where they are, where they are going, where they have been. Looking into someones eyes and seeing a deep enriching history of the battle between war and peace. Seeing the glimpse of hope in a young girls eyes because she knows how far her own life and person can take her.

Oh how glorious it would be. To be able to study the people, live their way, and understand the endless possibilities and happiness their culture brings. From how it effects their economy, politics, religion and other things that can be affecting people of different cultures spanning the entire globe.

This what I want to do. I want to study people, I want to understand history, make sense of things, walk into a museum and know so much about something that it is hard to leave. Maybe my ideas will change in a year, but for now. This is where I stand.

Comments

Popular Posts