Hobbies

I walk this sidewalk almost everyday!

Most of the time, when people ask me what my hobbies are, (which happens often here in the college life) I say that I'm not sure. I don't know what I do that qualifies as a hobby. Some people like to run or go fishing, there are some who believe in quilting and finger-painting. Often you will find people who's greatest hobby is the fact that they are good at something, like playing the guitar, singing, reading, acting and even snorkeling! I'm not too much of the adventurous type, or a book worm, so I tend to not say much. I love to write but I'm not very good at it, considering the fact that I use too many commas and I know nothing about proper sentence structure. I guess that doesn't matter too much when you have a blog though, people seem to dismiss the overbite of horrible spelling a grammar mistakes. Even though this is the case, and I can honestly that I am not a writer. I love it.

I love to write and soar amongst words and phrases and commas ( I really, really love commas.) I don't sit and write stories or novels like one Jo March. I don't really have the patience or the steady imagination for something of the sort. I really just enjoy rambling on and on about pointless facts and making statements or telling stories that take an hour to tell. That is why I have decided to make writing on my list of hobbies. Not just any writing though, BLOGGING. Oh come on! Seriously, I know it may be lame and cliche but it really is a cool thing. Have you ever tried to convince a boy that blogging does not mean you are a crazy physco? I think the word scares them away. Can't we come up with a better word then blogging? I don't like online journal either, it sounds scandalous. How about... I write life stories. That sounds good! Maybe then they will be intrigued and look you up!

Another form of writing I enjoy is writing missionaries. No, I don't write them in hopes of becoming their bread-making trophy wife. I write them because, they are so in tune. So spiritually minded. Who doesn't want a letter like that? I love to tell them all about my life (not everything, I definitely edit a lot out, because... they are missionaries for goodness sake!) and hear what their response is! The best advice I ever get is from missionaries. My dear friends who decided to take two years of their lives and dedicate them to the Lord. I love them all for that, and I am so proud of them. I hope bragging isn't a sin when it comes to this, because I would have a lot of praying to do. (40 days and nights worth, haha) I just love to hear from them, and share with them my own spiritual undertakings. Not to mention some of my very best friends are out on missions now. For example take Nate, Nate is on his mission and when he was here, I would text him nonstop and call him frequently. He understood me, he made my life seem so much easier. I think, he is the only missionary I don't hold back from telling them everything. Because, he is strong, and he WANTS to know, not because he is in love with me, or wants me to wait for him. Just because he wants me to be happy. I adore that boy. It was difficult to hear from him last week and know that he is having a really hard time. Things just keep happening to make it harder for him. (That just tells you that Satan really doesn't want him out in the mission field, and that Heavenly Father, REALLY needs him to be in Cape Verde.)
I just realized how much I love to write, and to let my voice be heard. Even if only one person is reading it. I hope more then one person reads my "LIFE STORY", but if they don't. It's no big deal, all I want is for people to see things my way for a moment in their day. I'm not going to push my ways on anyone, but if they caught a glimpse of what I KNOW to be true... maybe they would be happier in times to come. Of course, my "LIFE STORY" isn't all sugarplums and fairies, I have hard times too. A lot of sad things happen, but honestly, that is the test. Sad, Happy, Silly, or Angry... I hope you love to read my unedited version of life.

Love Peace & Hair Grease
Shelby Lou

Comments

  1. I'm kinda the same way. When ppl ask what my hobby is I'm like, "Uh...." But yes- I love to blog. And I LOVE watching sports now that I'm an old fart and can't play them as well. lol
    I'm glad you blog. I've been outta the loop for a while, but I'm back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo March is my hero!
    As are you!
    Lots of love Shelby Lou!

    I just wrote you a poem.
    Your welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts