Being Rebellious Costs You 45 Dollars

Today has been a marvelous day, a day full of adventure and mishaps, and just plain joy. I started my day off with a much needed shower. Something that had yet to be part of my life in three whole days. I understand the need for good hygiene, I just hadn't gotten around to taking action. Then around 11 my dear roommate Jane got back from class, I feel like I am waiting for my friend to get home from running errands so we can play outside. Jane brought a friend home with her! His name was Morgan and he was dear. We made homemade Oreo's and listened to Flight of the Conchords.

Here is where the real trouble begins...

I was feeling a bit rebellious this afternoon and decided that I would stand in the backseat of the car like whats-his-name on twilight and have half of my body out of the sunroof. It was glorious and it was moving... seriously. I have never felt so alive by doing something so simple. The wind was blowing through my hair and the sun was kissing my face. I adored my moment of rebellion. Yet as I rode around town down main street, sitting in the car (because I am not that dumb), I rode without a seat belt. Something, I never do. Safety is my first priority in a 1 ton killing machine. I realized that my rebellion was small and pointless. Just as I was about to place a seat belt over my lap we got stuck in a speed trap.

This was the most ridiculous thing ever...

Six shiny new cop cars where sitting on a corner empty with all of their cops standing outside holding radar guns and stopping cars in the middle of the street and telling them to pull over. Who knew that the speed limit on Center Street was 25? Well, no one does because there isn't a speed limit sign anywhere on that street or on any of the streets in Logan. It is supposedly a well known fact that ANY street with one house on it is a 25 MPH street. My seat belt was off, dear oh dear. My rebellion was shoved back into my lap with a 45 dollar ticket, to be paid within 14 days. Lesson Learned.

Now, I am glad these cops are doing their job, but really? To gang up on every person on one given street. Ridiculous. I find it really unorthodox. No, Jane didn't get a ticket, she was driving 36 MPH, thinking the street was 35.

No more being a rebel for me... my hardcore days are over.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts