A Priesthood Blessing

Priesthood- Susquehanna River- Where the Priesthood was restored. June 2008
Yesterday was a very emotional day. I had so much going on that I wasn't sure what to do. I still am not 100 percent on what I should and should not be doing right now. All I really know is that, it doesn't matter what I do, if the lord isn't on my side. It wouldn't matter if I didn't have the gift of the holy ghost, and didn't have an eternal life to worry about. Last night Jane had her friends Vic and Kendall (Ken) come over to give her a priesthood blessing. I had just realized some pretty intense financial stuff that was going on and I was in major need of one also.

I believe in the miracles of the priesthood. I know that men who honor their priesthood and obey the lords commandments are great in the sight of God. I was so glad to have two worthy priesthood holders be able to use their authority to give me comfort and peace. I just wanted to share my experience and a little about what my blessing said.

I was blessed with peace and comfort, and the urging to remember that Christ sacrificed for ME, that he suffered in Gethsemane for me and knows my every pain and worry. I am not alone in Christ. I am a divine daughter of my heavenly father and he loves me. He will ALWAYS love and care for me. My questions and worries will be answered and silenced when I am on my knees and reading the scriptures. There are people here in Cache County that love and care for me, and that want the best for me. These people are my church leaders and friends. I need to look for service opportunities and ask for them in all that I do. It will help me to be more loving and kind.

Truthfully, I believe it all. It's the truth, and I knew it all along. I just needed a little reminder. Except for, this didn't come as a little reminder. It came as a ton of bricks, I was crying so hard I could barely breathe. I know things are going to be hard, but if I work harder, and follow God's commandments. Everything will turn out for my benefit.

I LOVE THIS GOSPEL


Love Peace & Hair Grease
Shelby Lou Whoo

Comments

  1. Beautiful!
    The priesthood is absoloutely amazing!
    All that is true and I'm so glad you had that reminder!
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts