Nature Rocks

I just realized how much I have to blog about. Well, I have two other things besides this to blog about... Sooooo we will see how that goes! :D Ok... so today I went hiking with my friend Stephanie! Stephanie is really cool and she bought me cool stationary for my going away present! I am so excited for that! She also goes with me to get ice cream, knows all about boys and their inner-workings and of course... she is just fun to be around!
We went up to Fletcher Trail on Mount Charleston. YES there are hiking spots in Las Vegas! You just have to drive for 30 minutes to get to them! Lucikly, I live pretty close to the exit for Mount Charleston so it is a relativaily short drive. This trail is my favorite trail ever!!! It has a heart shaped rock, a river (after it snows) and a waterfall at the end! Ok, so it isn't some huge insane waterfall but it does look like a waterslide! There was still a bit of snow up on the mountain and I fell through a patch of it into the river. I guess 120 pounds is pretty heavy for a pack of snow! I didn't get any battle wounds though, which I was really bummed about! It was so pretty up there!! I love hiking through rivers and walking in water.. even when its just a stream. I guess, we should call this a stream instead of a river! haha It was still awesome though! Enjoy the pictures!!!


Heart shaped rock!!! Told you so!!! :D

Look at that!! This is on the way out of the canyon coming from the waterfall!

This is some sort of animal bone that Stephanie found.

This is the waterfall!!! There is another one that comes down from this but the picture I took of it was really blurry! I know its small but its gorgeous to me!

This is the top of that waterfall part. We climbed up the rock. It is like marble! seriously, it is sooo smooth. It looks like a waterslide kind of! :D

Comments

  1. i think thats marijane falls (at charleston)...tyler and i had hiked up there a couple of times in high school

    as for the heart shaped rock - i wouldve taken that shiz home! place it on my patio or something (guess what, i got the house i was telling you about!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of girls camp. The end!

    Love,
    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's not maryjane. i've never been to those falls but this one is like halfway down the mountain from that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts