I'm In LOVE

I just fell in love, and I fell hard. I'm soaring! I'm flying!!! It is the best feeling in the entire world!!!

I fell in love with The Metropolitan Opera.


Honest to goodness it was the best experience ever. I saw La Cenerentola aka Cinderella. It was the best 24 dollars I have ever spent, and the most amazing 4 hours I have ever taken from my schedule! I want to see it live, I want to get dressed up and go to the opera now. It was amazing.
Their voices are to die for, the passion is so strong, and the scene is exquisite. I have never felt like I was somewhere else other then here... in so long. I will rave about this for weeks and weeks.


(ABOVE: Elina Garanca- Played Angelina AKA Cenerentola AKA Cinderella)
I don't think many people appreciate the opera, young people especially. I was the only person there who didn't get the senior citizen discount. Even though an entire school was invited to come and partake at the event for HALF the price. They were also given their own theater for the showing! NONE of them showed up. I don't understand. Young people, my age, some older, and the ones younger, don't take advantage of the arts. They don't want to bother with those things. They are too busy with technology and new and improved things. Of course I spend hours on the computer sometimes, but there are times like this... when it is seriously like PULLING TEETH to get anyone to come with me.
When I went on the church history tour we had the opportunity to go around and look at all the different museums. The only museum I was looking forward to was the National Art Museum. Seriously. I didn't really care about the space museum or anything else. We went to the Holocoust Museum and it was the most interesting thing. Then I headed towards the Art, those paintings the detail the AMAZING history behind them. No one would go. The two boys that came in, fell asleep on chairs in the foyer, and left me walking alone. I didn't mind, but it was so sad. No one appericates history or art or theater anymore. It's all about Star Treck and Twilight! Which I have nothing against. (I love them both.) BUT we also need to have time for things that are TIMELESS. Things that don't EVER lose their magic, their history builds and their passion succeeds anything else that could be created NOW.





Maybe I went to far... but hows that for questioning where you stand. REMEMBER. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

Comments

  1. ::Sigh:: "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all."

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that counts as saying nothing nice. you bum

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN SISTER!!!!!!

    I would totally go with you to the opera!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At school I am learning to sing Opera! MUY DIFICIL!! But I would def go with you to the Met! WHat a fun deal!! PS. So good to see you and I hope you have a blast in UTAH! Good luck Moving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the arts! But then again...I'm OLD, tee hee! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok was this at the movies?

    because I have always wanted to go to one of those, but just never have.

    I guess because I dont know any one that has...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive never been to the opera. i wish i could go to the met...$24 is a way good price! where did you see this?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah it was at the movie theaters! they start back up in october and they play at select movie theaters in every state!!! INSANITY huh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i used to work for the MET as a fundraiser (aka: telemarketer)--getting people to buy memberships. the hd movie theaters is such a big draw--people love it. now you can watch archived performances online (the quality is insane) you can buy monthly (i think). if opera is your thing i recommend looking into this. opera has never done it for me...i hate do admit this because i think it makes me less cultured. BUT, i know that feeling. i get it from books, from plays, from films...the arts turn me on! and we need to celebrate them more often in this country! so cheers to you for loving opera and spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts