Heavens Be

Tulips happen to be my favorite flower. Did you know that? I just love the endless tulips that are popping up out of every corner of Logan. It is so amazing. Today was a really hard day. For some reason nothing went as I planned it. Last night, I felt sick and I didn't get to bed until two AM because I thought I was going to puke. Then this morning, I slept in too late and had to wait an hour and a half to use the restroom after my roommate got out of the shower. I walked up to campus with my spirits high. I thought to myself, I will sit outside! Why not? It is gorgeous out here! Then as soon as I sat down an old man with a cigarette sat down next to me. I had already taken out ALL of my belongings and was not about to move. So I just had to deal. I only have Internet up at campus because ours expired days before I got there. I leave the campus thinking all is well, and then realize... I should have printed off resumes! Why didn't I think of that???? Too late, I was already down the hill.

Around one o'clock I had lunch and then headed out to look for jobs. I went to almost every strip mall in Logan and to the real mall. I think I filled out 8 applications today, or around there. After having some luck, and no luck, I went into the LDS Employment Center. NO LUCK. Maybe next time?

Every time I talk to one of my family members on the phone tears come to my eyes. I can't lay down because my throat is clogged with spit. Sorry if that is too much information. I think I am just thinking too much about it when I want to go to sleep or take a nap. Then I can't because I am constantly spitting out my saliva trying to make room to breathe. I have a sore throat on top of that and it really hurts to drink Orange Juice, which is the only flavored drink I have. My feet hurt from walking to campus, because I'm not sure where I could park where they won't charge me. Plus, I want to try and save on gas.

I know this is a lot of complaining but if you just hold on a second more you will see the good of it all too.

I love the green, I love the mountains. They make me happy. I went to the temple grounds today after having NO luck with jobs. I sat there and prayed.

Heavenly Father,
Will you please get me a job? I promise I will be a good worker. I won't complain, and I will always be happy. Oh and another question. Could you find me some friends? You know, the good ones. Thanks... I would really appreciate it. Oh and... I miss my family. Tell them I love them. LOTS.

OK, so it wasn't EXACTLY like that, but it was close. I am happy here. I am going to get the hang of it, and soon you will hear stories of me and my friends running a muck around Logan and causing chaos wherever we may be. I just need to get in the hang of things. It will be great, and I will be the happiest. EVER Because I will have had this experience!!! 

Until next time... keep your nose clean! :D haha

Comments

  1. Gorgeous flowers!
    Sorry about your terrible day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just want you to know your amazing..you are going out into the world and standing on your own to feet without the help of parents, friends, boyfriends, or any of that nonsense. You are being your own person. You are doing something that you will never again get the chance to do because once you are married you will never support only yourself, by yourself, again. I know that its hard but you can text me everyday. Just remember that you are a strong girl and you are growing into an even stronger woman. Love you Shelbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chin up! and smile! When do you start classes? Are you going to institute? Say hi to a ton of people at church on Sunday and make at least one new friend there every Sunday.

    I know what it's like to move somewhere completely different and alien. It will get easier.

    You are awesome and it is a honor to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the first few days...those are definitely the hardest. It will get better soon. As soon as you go to church and start school. I got sick my first few days too...its probably the extreme nerves and emotions. Hang in there!! Besides, ill be there tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey shelby no worries it will get better, i have a cousin who lives there and has 9 kids, ya anyway so i think he runs like a water message place in logan i'll ask and see what i come up with. also i do know a few people their, they all have kids but if you have any problems or what not they can help you. also i'm sure the Moutains are beautiful right now, when i lived there we would alway sgo to first damn and swim awwww memories, don't worry you'll make some memoires of your own soon!!! keep praying and i'm sure you'll make some good friends at your ward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We miss you too, trust me! I know that you are going to do great keep working on the job thing and everything else will fall into place. Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts