Celebration of Life


In my family. On my fathers side, we don't have funerals, as least as far as I can remember. We have Mass at the nearest catholic church and then we have a Celebration of Life. Black isn't worn, and there is now viewing. Seeing as my relatives are normally cremated. We have a party in their honor. We wear bright lively colors and stroll in the essence of the deceased's spirit. Everyone is invited, from cousins to friends, to even Jose Cuervo. Life is celebrated! The knowledge that they lived a great life, even if it wasn't to a ripe old age, is thought about and considered.
Promise me, that when I pass away, you will celebrate my life. You will all wear bright greens and yellows, and there will be flowers everywhere. You will serve light tasty foods and sweet desserts. You will cry for my accomplishments and not because of your loss. Promise me, there will be 100 people or more there and that will include everyone I have ever come in contact with.
Losing someone is sad, it plucks at your heart strings, but it doesn't have to be that way forever. CELEBRATE LIFE. I'm off to the church now... send a prayer to heaven for everyone today, that life will be celebrated. :D

Comments

  1. yeah, ive always wanted people to say (when i pass away) "she was happy" "she loved her husband, she was a good mom" "she made lemonade out of lemons" etc.

    cute shirt by the way, love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful!...and so thoughtful! Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. I love that picture.
    B. I adore that dress.
    C. That is a great tradition you all have.
    D. I will wear yellow to celebrate your life.
    E. I will eat chocolate in your honor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds way better.

    My dad made up promise we will go on vacation when he passes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO much better than bawling for like 2 days straight! I like this tradition

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want you to know how completely ADORABLE you are! I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts