Bikini Dillema

I have this question in my mind and I want to know your stance on it. So I know all about the whole modesty thing and how Modest is Hottest and I would like to think of myself as pretty darn modest. I have this habit where I wear a white tank top under everything and tuck it in so I'm not showin skin. BUT. I do have this love...

A love for two peice swim suits.

I hate seeing my self in the mirror and seeing a white stomach. It just looks gross. I would rather be super tan and totally hawt. YA KNOW?! haha JK about the totally hawt part. I really just want to be tan all over. Not just in those really awkward places where a one peice swimsuit doesn't show. You see, I know we are supposed to be modest all the time. AND I'm not about to throw out my one peice... because I am not about to go to a mormon get together with a bikini on. BUT What if I am at home? With my family? Or just with my good friends? Or even at the beach in the middle of July? Do I have to adhere to those suggestions? I mean, yeah I understand a one piece covers your body and makes you less tempting? (if you have that kind of body.. which I am pretty sure I don't) but what if you really just want to wear a bikini for yourself? Not to show off or anything but just to get tan.

Tell me what you think. I want to know. Is wearing a bikini out of the question? Are there times when it is ok? Or do you say... unless they say no.. WEAR IT WHEN YOU WANT! (because I remember at church activites they always told us to wear a one piece.) Am I just horrible for wanting to wear a two piece bathing suit? Am I lowering my standards? What is your stand?

Comments

  1. I had a bikini when I had a flat stomach, etc... that I used when I was laying out at home or in our family pool. I wouldn't wear it in public though because then I felt like I was being immodest. But that's just me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl if it looks good wear it ... mmmmhmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl i always wore a bikini around my family or at home. Obviously I wouldn't wear it to church activities. I am married now and I still put on my bikini to tan or when im with my husband. I never wore it in front of boys before I was married though. But honestly it's completly up to you and what you are comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bikini top and little border shorts. I honestly don't see anything wrong with it.

    I've been to church activities where girls wore bikinis so I think it's a personal option when you get older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im the wrong person to ask this to, cause they happen to be my guilty pleasure. i have two bikinis, one tankini. and you know im all about being modest...this isnt a very good justification but i figured im modest with EVERYTHING else that its ok to go crazy with bathing suits

    BUT, i never wear them to church things...the only people that have ever seen me in one is my boyfriend (i dont have a boyfriend NOW, but if i had one at the time) and my brother & sister. so i keep it at a minimal wear. i think its perfectly acceptable if youre just trying to get rid of a white stomache

    (if you buy one, let me know and we'll go lay out together and not feel ashamed. ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only wear mine at my home pool when I'm tanning.
    But that's cuz I dont want ANYONE seeing my belly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. when I was young, and skinny, and hot, I owned a really cool halter bikini. I used to wear it to sunsplash, to tan, and show off my totally hot bod and my belly button ring. lol

    I always felt like I was "sinning" wearing it in public, but I enjoyed the feeling... a thrill of doing something "wrong", that wasn't THAT wrong. (not exactly a temple recommend question)

    The Mormon answer would be, don't wear it in public, but I don't exactly speak for the Mormons, I just happen to have been one all my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im a bikini girl all the way dude!!! tan the stomach!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always been a two peice kinda gal myself, mainly because of myy body type.
    But I will tell you from my husbands standpoint, he never wanted me to wear one in public because he never wanted anyone, even his friends, checking me out, because all guys check a girl in a bikini out.
    So I say wear it around your fam and get tan, but never in front of guys, because they will think thoughts and get ideas. And they won't be good ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wear whatever you feel comfortable in.. obviously to me, all swim suits are NOT confortable. if you question to put it on or not.. maybe thats your answer. i've had tankini's that show tons of boobage.. so it isnt modest, but i also have a two piece that covers my ninnies just perfectly..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts