Slow & Steady

Remember when we were friends? Remember when we used to talk for hours and laugh until we cried? Remember when I changed and forged a new path? Remember when I couldn't help but try and reach back? I walked on stone that was uneven, ground that could never fit my feet. You said, "Don't worry, I will carry you."

So I hopped upon your back and you started to run. Slow down.. this isn't any fun. I want off, I want this to end, please oh please this place is a dead end. You wouldn't stop you wouldn't slow down. I was forced to jump and crash into the ground. We tumbled we fell off the rocky mountains edge and you looked up at me and asked me

"Why did you jump? I said I would carry you, because you were unstable. That's what friends do."

I said I wanted down. I said I needed space. I said I would rather walk then go at this fast pace. I don't want to be carried. Not by you. You couldn't understand me, and I most assuredly did not understand you. You go too fast, you make no stops, your up and your down, I think we might be lost.

"We are not lost. Life is for living! Get up, get back on, and let's take this ride fast. I see the beauty and remember the lessons, I fall I get up and I move right along. If you go too slow you will miss out on life, you need to get over your mistakes and move on. Stop stalling, stop wondering, you need to get back up and keep going. Love is the fast lane, happiness is the fall, just follow the road most traveled on."

I sat and I pondered your actions and thoughts. Your ideas seemed so clouded and I couldn't make sense of you. I stood up and dusted myself off. I looked at myself in the nearby river reflection. Who is this girl, and how did she get here? A few feet down there was a bridge that lead to the green meadows and snow capped mountains. I walked, I ran, and I never looked back. I wasn't going to give my life away so fast. I crossed that bridge with a matchstick in my hand. I stood on the other side, out of breath and out of time. I had learned nothing but I had experienced pain, the feeling of emptiness came back in again. I needed more, I wanted less. I lit that match and burned that bridge and watched the flames cover that rocky mountain terrain.

RELIEF.

I'm on my own, my path is great. Slow and Steady most defienetly will win my race. Cliche or not, I have found my own path. You taught me that life, is not to be lived fast. I take the road less traveled on and I make my own way. My father in heaven gives me light when I need it, and carries me when weak. Thank you for your friendship and for trying to help me.

You are not wrong for living your way, heavenly father helps you too, everday. He loves how you have the strength to move on, to climb mountains and go through life fast. But he also loves me, and the things that I see, when I take the long way. He loves us both, but he knows our minds, he knows your speed, and he knows my kind of time. Forever and ever we will walk our own ways into meadows of green, or up the beautiful mountain side. We both know how to enjoy or own individual lives.

Did you take life fast or do you take life slow? Which would you rather?

Comments

Popular Posts