Picture Overload

I have been meaning to blog about a million different things, so this is the post. I had a really awesome weekend this weekend too so I have pictures of that also.

Book of Mormon Miracle Weekend:
So this weekend I went with the Young Single Adult Ward to Bishops Ranch to have an amazing experience. We went up to the cabin, or should I say CABINS. The ranch is layed out with two big cabins (estate house size or bigger) and 6 mini cabins. There is also a waterfall and a small lake. BASICALLY it is amazing. That's not the experience though. We went to the cabin and our goal was to read the Book of Mormon in two days. We started on Saturday morning at 9 am and stopped that night at 10pm. Then on Sunday we started again at 830am and ended at 6 pm. It was amazing. The best experience I have had since the church history tour last year. The picture above this is of me in the snow, that suddenly appeared, on Sunday afternoon. I really like that picture I look genuinely happy, and I was.
This is Mondo. One of the three dogs that were on the property. Mondo is HUMUNGO! haha I loved him though, he was so nice and friendly. I wished I could have brought him home for a pillow. :( I love dogs!!!

This is the GAME CABIN as I would call it. This is where we read all weekend. This is one of the two larger cabins. It is complete with video arcade games, a pool table, an in house movie theater, and an indoor pool. INSANE.


This is the sunrise on saturday morning. Looking over the mini lake from the back porch of the cabin I slept in. Amazing sunrise. I couldn't get enough...


IN AND OUT & PINK LEMONADE
So, I kind of am swearing off meat for a while. I don't know it just, I can't explain it.. Seriously don't make that face. Anyways, so since I wasn't about to get a hamburger from in and out I always get an X-LG Pink Lemonade with two lemons. It is amazing. When I order they think I'm crazy because I just want a drink. Lemonade is my favorite beverage and I just can't get enough! I put the little cup of coffee beans next to it so you can see how big the cup really is. This is no small feat, I drank it in less than 2 hours. Then I peed like 20 times the rest of the day. haha


CUPCAKES

So, Rockstar Diaries or Namoi is a cupcake crazy. She goes in search of the best cupcakes... and burgers, more burgers then cupcakes, but it got me interested. I tried this cupcake place by my work.. It was pretty good but I'm pretty sure there is something better out there. The cupcake on the left is a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. The cupcake on the right is a lemon cake cupcake with lemon creme frosting. I love lemons. The thing about these cupcakes though, is that, they were pretty dry. The tops came off in one peice from the bottom too. I don't know maybe I don't know the science of a cupcake but if you know a place in Vegas or Utah that has really amazing cupcakes, let me know.





This is the place... I like it. I will add it to my, shelby-is-having-a-horrible-day list.




THIS FACE

This picture is for Nancy Face. Every time I take pictures I think, one good one, and one for Nancy Face. Just because she is so funny and she makes the best faces. I was so proud of myself though. It might be a pretty sick-nast picture of me, but I am loving it. I'm pretty HAWT either way so, whatev. ;)
CHOCOLATE EXTRAVAGANZA
Beezy and I had a chocolate dipping frenzie a few weeks ago. We went to the store and bought chocolate chips and cookies and gummy bears and just went at it. We dipped everything we could think of in chocolate and ate until we were pretty much sick. I miss Beezy... She has been taking a lifegaurding class for the past two weeks and I haven't seen her in two weeks. For being best friends, we kind of suck at it.

FOOOD
I know there are three O's in food, just deal your grammar checkin fool. Anyways... I love food. Like a month ago I got really into making different things. Especially stuff that NieNie had on her NieNie Cusine blog. I loved it. I made these awesome tortilla desserts. They are Honey Whole Wheat tortillas buttered up, and they have brown sugar, cinnamon & sugar, and then popped in the oven for like ten minutes. Basically, they are delicious beyond your wildest dreams.
This was my attempt and success at making partially homemade pizza. I took some Honey Whole Wheat tortillas, Prego Pizza Sauce, Fresh Mozzarella, Avacados, and thinly sliced tomatoes and just went at it. I put everything on the pizza besides the avacados and baked it in the oven for like ten or fifteen minutes. Then I took them out and put the avacados on and some more cheese and WA-LA! Pizza. It was really delicious, to me, at least. I'm not sure if my mom liked it or not. I was a vegetarian that week so it was good food.




Comments

  1. Hey! I'm working on a fresh out of the oven post. It's a tad over due...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad you had a good weekend. kudos on the pictures. ive been to that cabin i think!

    so...DID YOU FINISH?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a compound, not a cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...just read this one and LOVE! I should explore tortillas and the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey by the way sorry i didnt get your comment about vegas until i got back.. it would've been fun to chat. well talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOO much to love about this post! Your trip to the cabin and reading The Book of Mormom there sounds so amazing, and I love the pictures! Your silly face is better than I can do! Yay! And FOOD...is there anything better than FOOD? :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts