My Lyfe with a Y

Last night, I went bowling. We bowled LEFT HANDED the entire game and the GIRLS beat the BOYS. Guess who owes who dessert now?!

Austrailia, Arizona... Same difference!! They both have a Z in them.

(No) Sex in the City's Post about guys and her sort of rebuttle to Peter Priesthood got me fired up this afternoon. She is SO right.

HOW TO DEAL is my favorite movie... here is why-

Lorna Queen: Well... look at you Halley.
Halley: That's hard to do without a mirror isn't it?
Lorna Queen: Honey you keep getting prettier every day.
Halley: I have no idea how you could say that because you definitely don't see me every day. And yesterday, oh my God I was so ugly. And last Wednesday, that sucked too, so it's kind of a day to day thing.

& of course this...

Grandma Halley: First loves are never really over. Nobody's perfect, Sweetheart. But that doesn't mean it wasn't worth your while.

I can watch this movie and repeat word for word EVERYTHING they are saying. No matter how cliche' or ridiculous you think Mandy Moore might be. She is amazing this movie.

This is the quote from the movie that get everyone swooning for Macon.
Macon: I suck with words. But sometimes words aren't the thing, love isn't about words, it's about what you do. And what I did, running away, it was stupid. We both know love's a big, scary, new concept. But if you feel it it's gonna follow you around like a hungry dog. I didn't mean to say that love is a dog. I just meant that, I'm not going anywhere. I love you Halley. If love beats us up let's just beat it up right back. We can do this. If you're ready to make the jump I'll be right there to catch you.

Aww to be young. :D

Comments

  1. And OMG I ADORE that qoute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm such a hopeless romantic....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that movie too :) i'm kind of a nerd about it. i also like her in saved (great, great satire) and a walk to remember. she's overall a good actress, in my opinion.

    love the quotes! i LOVE the grandma in that movie. hilarious.

    - kay / scribblehoney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen "How to Deal" but I think I will have to now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny i just watched that movie the other day. Love it. For some reason I love the name Macon. If I have a boy someday I think that name would be on my list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts