FEATURE FRIDAY

ALEX VAUGHN
Todays Feature Friday is my dear friend Alex Vaughn. I met Alex through student council, she was the Student Body President at Palo Verde. I was her 4A Vice President and she sent me all of her goal packets. She was very good at it, very goal oriented if you ask me. ;) Alex's family has four girls in it. Her mom is a makeup artist, as you can tell by the picture below. Alex attends BYU and she is majoring in Graphic Design. I personally believe that she is one of the most creative people I know. Trust me I have seen her work (student council reveals wonders) So I hope you all enjoy today's feature. I had a great time getting all her info and finding out about my friend!

1.Where do you live?
1104 Chipman Hall Provo, UT but I don't call that my home or a true place to live
2.What material object can you not live without?
My cell phone...mmm thank the heavens above for text messaging
3.What is your favorite color?
green like the month I was born, the color of my eyes, and most of our world
4.What movie can you recite by heart?
A series of unfortunate events
5.You have been known to fall asleep pretty much anywhere. Where is the weirdest place you have ever fallen asleep?
Disneyland. The happiest place on Earth apparently wasn't entertaining enough for me. I stole an abandoned stroller and got in it (which is a feat on its own), my mom pushed me around and because fitting in it was so hard, I looked like a "special" child :)
6.What do you love most about photography?
I love making things look good. When it comes to pictures of people, I like it because helping them look their best makes them happy, thus making me happy. Pictures are like my gift to the world.

(Alex entered this photo into a contest and won around 1,000$ DOLLAS for it!)

7.You were a big part of Student Council in High School, what would you say is your favorite memory from high school?
Oddly enough I miss the feeling of knowing that I can make a difference. I was SO involved with my school and basically the resources there were at my disposal because of it. I miss knowing the staff, pleasing the students...I just miss my little kingdom.
8.What famous person do you think you most resemble outwardly? By personality?
I've been told I look like Sara Barales? sure!? Personality would have to be Jim Carry. I'm always making weird faces, noises, and dancing around
9.What is the best peice of advice you were ever given? Who gave it to you?
Look both ways when crossing the road. Kidding! I recently received a fortune cookie that said "Say no to the good so you can say yes to the best" it's been my motto for the past few months. My best friend Danny also told me once that I need to start living for ME and those words have been becoming increasingly important to me.
10.What is it like living in Provo? Will you live in Utah the rest of your life? What do you think about the Utah stereotype?
Provo is like a bubble civilization. I have no idea what is going on in the "real" world to be honest with you. I will not live in Utah for the rest of my life unless my future husband has very good persuasive skills. I don't really remember what the Utah stereotype is anymore, but it is probably true. I remember thinking it was true at one point. I do know one thing...the hair DEFINITELY gets bigger the moment you cross the Utah borderline. The way women dress themselves here is significantly different than what I'm used to seeing
11.Who is your best friend?
Danny Oka

12.Would you consider yourself a free spirit?
Yes. Some people call me a hippie...I like to think that I just do what I want
13.What is your favorite comfort food?
Toast or a bagel. Strange I know, but as a kid I used to cook up some toast or butter up a bagel and sit on my couch at home and watch tv. It's how I ended many long weekends, school nights, and stressful days. Simple and delicious.
14.What are your dreams for your future?
My future is currently a blur. I've always known what I wanted because life has always been set up for me. Elementary school, middle school, high school, now college. But I realized recently that nothing is written in stone anymore. I can do whatever I want! I could drop everything tomorrow and just sit in the grass forever if I wanted to. Every single day is mine and mine alone and that is beginning to scare me. I feel like it's finally my time to LIVE.
15.You walk into a resturant, the server is MIGHTY FINE, by the end of the night are you slipping him your phone number or asking him for his?
I'd do neither. I am not forward enough with people...the senerio (spelling) would most likely end in one of the girls that I was eating dinner with would give him my number for me. I wouldn't ask her too, but that's what would happen
16.What is your most embarrassing experience?
I never have a good answer to this question...I was talking to a girl once in church who could NOT stop talking about how hot she thought the speaker was (he happened to be our guy friend's DAD). I then proceeded to point out where the rest of his family was sitting and she loudly whispered "his brother is FAT!" I giggled and turned to see if anyone was listening to us and stopped in shock when I realized that the speaker's wife/child's mother was sitting right behind us and she heard the whole conversation.

DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN ONE WORD

One-in-a-million (one word) I am....ALEX VAUGHN

The vide below this is compilation of some of the moments in Alex's life, ENJOY!


Well, it definetly has been a loaded down feature friday, I personaly think it was one of the best yet. I love to do this!!! If you want to find out more about Alex, or just lurk on her page you can go HERE.

Comments

  1. her sister is raime huh? did they do the same costume for halloween? anyway. i think your feature fridays are fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby I LOVE these features!!!
    I so want to do one!
    Can I steal your idea??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun feature...love that picture she took that won the money...so cute!

    Thanks for being my new blogging friend! Love it!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun friend!

    Hey- I think you went to the same high school as my SIL. Her name is Lissette Reyes and I think she's 21 now... Ring a bell?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya I know Lissette Reyes! I was in student council with her...

    Also, who knows my sister raime!? She was the skeleton for halloween this year, I was it the year before.

    And thanks for all this shelby! Love you lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- small world!! Lissette married my brother last June so now she's in Texas, but my brother served a mission in Vegas which is how they met.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts