Vegetarian Life?

This past week, I went VEGETARIAN. (Well not completely, I said I would eat fish, but I think that is some sort of Vegetarian, not eating red meat or chicken and such.) I didn't end up eating ANY meat at all, fish included. So let me tell you my musings and try to enlighten you.

The vegetarian life, is a simple life. As far as I am concerned. If you do it the healthy way. Some vegetarians are vegetarians to save the animals, some just dont like the taste of meat, and some just happen to be that way. I am going to go with the third choice as to why I would ever become a full time vegetarian. I love the taste of meat, and I personally think that animals were given to us so we can eat. Not full out slaughter all of them of course, but you know, sparingly. So as I ate and chose good foods I have changed my perspective on a lot of things. Sometimes people eat meat just to eat it. It is in EVERYTHING, dips, soups, finger foods, salads, pastas, and definitely pizza. I agree it's good in all of these things, but sometimes you need to step away from the meat dishes and just be healthy. I know meat is good for you in small portions, and I don't know much about what it does or doesn't do to your body, but I do know, that after a week of not eating it... I realized how much I eat it, and its ridiculous! I felt like I just cleaned my body, or went through a body flush. I stopped eating fast food, because that's all most fast foods are, and I stopped eating at weird times. I ate breakfast, lunch, a snack, dinner, and of course dessert. But I stopped eating chicken nuggets for breakfast and replaced it with oatmeal, and instead of having a nasty hot pocket for lunch I had a tofu enchilada bowl, or a salad. It made me feel better.

My final opinion....

I like meat, and I like using it in main courses, and I love it on my pizza. I like sandwiches and such too. I will eat meat, but not as much. Pizza rolls? Come on now... Chicken Nuggets? How gross can you get? Srsly... I think it would be good for all of us to step back and see what we eat. I have officially become a grease dabber, and a fast food snob. I would rather be healthy or go to a grocery store for something to eat then meet everyone down at taco bell or *gasp* even del taco. Of course, I'm an American and will eat del taco on occasion, but if I am going to spend 6.95 on a meal I would rather go the extra mile and spend a couple more pennies at my local market for a bag of lettuce or a protein bar.

Call me crazy, tell me I will give in and be back to my normal ways soon, but BABY I will prove you wrong. I'm takin one for the team, and I'm makin myself healthier now and not when I'm 45 and wanting to change my life up. YO!

BUT I will tell you this... I can't stop eating ice cream no matter how hard I try. So I have told myself I wont eat PACKAGED ice creams. Ben and Jerrys is good, so is Byrers.. but no more ICE CREAM SANDWICHES, cuz I'm taking strides, not baby steps.


Yours Truly,
A Cautious Meat Eatin, Vegetarian Lovin, Ice Cream Aholhic , Girl.

Comments

  1. Oh man its really disgusting when you think about it that way. I recently stopped eating steak. for some reason I just dont like it anymore. So I eat mainly chicken and fish now. I need to get better with my fruit and vegetable servings tho. I am not a big fan of salads. I need ideas for lunches so if you have any let me know. Sometimes sandwichs are just too boring haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I don't know how you did the no meat thing for a week! If I did that I would only eat cheese tortillas for real! I think my diet would be even worse if that is possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice dude, way to have will power!!!!! You know what, I just realized I've been vegetarian harcore for like two weeks only because I'm too lazy to cook the meat. I havn't lost a dang freakin pound tho. Yes, feel bad for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts