It's Not the Dress, It's the Girl in the Dress

So today I took a trip to the Deseret Book Store to find myself a CTR ring, and I came up with a beautiful ring.....


and a CD with a talk on it by Elizabeth Craig.





She gave a talk called. It's not the Dress, It's the Girl in the Dress. She talked all about how we need to find out who we are and why we are here, and know that we are a force to be reckoned with, especially in our fight against satan. Something she said that really stood out to me was something she got from Sheri Dew, another LDS woman. Sheri was once told by a young woman that she was sure when she woke up in the morning that satan said, "Oh no she's up again!" I would take that as a very high compliment, wouldn't you? Elizabeth also talked about how we need to always envision what we want our legacy to be, and what we want for ourselves. Not now, but in the future, or eternal future. Sometimes we think more about what we want RIGHT NOW then what we want later on. Elizabeth was Miss Utah for a time, and before she was crowned Miss Utah she never thought that she would be anything, she thought she was put on this earth to make others feel better about themselves, because they weren't her. Then she realized, that even when she had the looks and the crown, it only lasted so long. It didn't really matter how good she looked on the outside, it only mattered if how beautiful she was on the inside showed. I really liked this talk.

Someone else I truly admire is Stephanie Smith. She is an LDS Artist and her lyrics are empowering and beautiful, especially for young women like me. In one of her songs she sings, "Until I find someone who enspires me to be better, I'm better off alone." (or something around that) I love this song, because it is so true.

I know this is kind of a preachy post, but I hope you know what I mean. It is a real blessing to be a woman in the LDS church and as women we have a divine role in carrying out gods plan for us here on earth. Sheri Dew once said that women are "The lords secret weapon." If you are not LDS, haven't heard of the LDS church, or want to know more go here or here.

Always remember that,


"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Comments

  1. *APPLAUSE*

    I loved this...what a great post, and so true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOOO!!! YAY!
    What Nancy Face said.

    I love the ring. Prettyful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts