Candle Store Chronicles

I really have no idea what a chronicle is, but it sounds good. Right? Because honestly, it's all about the title. That is what catches your attention first. You read something like My Day, as a title and you are like... um BORING. Then you read something like, I got a tattoo on my butt because I lost a bet, and your like HOLY INTERESTING! But, the truth is I didn't get a tatoo on my butt, and I really am just going to tell you about my day(s) at the candle store. Maybe it will be interesting, or maybe you will fall asleep while reading this. Do I hear snoring? Come on now people...

Story number One.

There are some seriously confused people in this world. I had this lady come in a while back and she walks in and automatically asks "Is this a candle store?" My jaw dropped, then I realized my coustmer service manners and told her, "Why yes it is, Salt City Candle Store." She looked at me with untrusting eyes and then asked, " Do you sell the candles or are they just to look at, because the door says candle warmers and kit check outs. I just wasn't sure if you sold candles because it doesn't say it anywhere." Oh my heck lady, are you kidding? I smiled and kind of laughed a little and said, "Of course we sell the candles, the sign says Salt City Candle Company." I thought to myself while she shopped, if she was ok.Then I thought of something I wanted to say so badly, but of course didn't. " No, you can't purchase these candles, they are a collection, like a museum... Welcome to the Candle Museum." Then after a while she walked out without saying anything else. Maybe it hit her that she was being ridiculous and that her embarassment was radiating throughout the store. I felt bad, then called Lori and was like srsly... this lady... haha. Another lady came in and asked the same question but she held up and bought a few things. She walked in and was like "Is this a candle store??" I looked at her and then looked around and said "Yeah, It's a candle store." She looked at me then she looked at the shelves and I think something clicked, I hope something clicked because if it didn't...

Story number Two.

Smokers stink. Litterally and well in the way that they are dumb for what they do. I apologize if you yourself are a smoker, or your mother or father or baby's daddy is a smoker. I don't mean to offend. Especially not your baby's daddy. Yet, I still write about this, because honestly it bugs me. Or I guess more then it bugging me it just makes me kind of sick. When smokers walk in to this lovely smelling store I can tell right away. Because I have a super-human sense of smell now, yeah you heard me, super human, I can smell your cigg. YES YOU I can smell your ciggeratte or cigar, whichever is your prefrence. I can smell it, and it is coming off strong. I am so glad that smokers come into the candle store though, because they are trying. They are trying very hard to get that sicknast smell out of their home and I give them a whopping ten points for the effort. But darlin' it isn't goin anywhere... These candles are strong but they aren't miracle workers. Plus the mulberry scent mixed with the nicotine just smells like a bunch of sauced berries. SICKNAST.

Story number Three.

Oh my, so this guy comes into the store the other day, and he scared me. The person he was, or the drugs he was on scared the crap out of me. So he walks in with his wife and two kids. This is how it goes...
The guy is wearing a tan jacket he is short and stocky. His jacket is halfway on his shoulder and he just looks a mess. Srsly.
CreepyDrugFaceMan: What your name? (he has a weird accent and can't speak english very well.)
Me: Shelby
CreepyDrugFaceMan: How much for this candle? (picks up a random candle and by this point is right up in my face.)
Me: 14.95 Sir, and we have these candles that are 60% off. (I show him the shelf then he and his wife start to look at everything.)
CreepyDrugFaceMan: We want these three candles...
Me: Ok it will be 39.25
CreepyDrugFaceMan: What? You said these where on sale.(I showed him the sale items and these other jars that we have for 14.95 that are normally 19.95 and he got like 3 of those)
Me: These are on sale for the price up there on the sign.
CreepyDrugFaceMan: (comes up in my face) Show me the on sale items and blah ditty blah (he said some stuff I don't remember.)
I show him all the goods then he comes up to the counter and points to a bottle of lotion we have on the shelf behind the counter.
CreepyDrugFaceMan: How much is that?
Me: That isn't on sale sir.
CreepyDrugFaceMan: Can I have it? Can I use? Can I see? (me staring at him...) Give to me.
Me: Ummm sure, but it isn't for sale.(he turns to his wife and tells her to smell the lotion bottle... then he proceeds to pour about half of it onto his hands.)
So basically after scaring the crap out of me because he was constantly inches from my face, and not even near my height, so that was creepy. He uses the lotion and then goes around touching candles and now all those candles that he touched are mega-greasy and totally smell like mandarin orange lotion. I was like what the crap man? Finally he looks at his wife and says something to her in a foreign language and walks out. The whole time he is gone I am thinking to myself, please oh please do not come back in. Luckily he didn't. His wife bought the candles and left. He was really truly creepy and if that didn't convince you I'm sorry, but it was creepy.

I want you all to know, that I love my job. It's amazing, it is super easy,and way low maitnence. Despite all this, I work by myself. That is the down fall. I really honestly wish I had more to do, but I can deal with this. It is just that sometimes, it is scary on your own. But I have fun times, good times, and I really enjoy telling you my crazy stories from work. Because there are some seriously crazy people out there, and just normal people with lots of money who buy 200 dollars worth in candles every month. I appreiciate them though. Thanks for spending your money with me! haha That's all. I am really excited for this weeks Feautre Friday so you should be too! So have an awesome Monday!

Comments

  1. My favorite part of the entire blog was the sauced Berries! That made me laugh, just because of the other night and all the sauced people we saw!! Have a good day! And I think I am going to buy you some mase to take with you to work incase creepy man ever comes by again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaking awesome i wish i would have been their for all of them cause i would have seriously cracked up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...is that a candle store you work in? And are the candles for sale, or just to look at? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what's worse: dumb or stinky or scary.

    Hmmm...I think CreepyDrugFaceMan gets my vote for the worst! :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candle Museum.
    DO NOT TOUCH THE CANDLES.
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ITA with NancyFace! CreepyDrugFaceMan left a bad impression at that store, hope he never comes back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts