Ode to Me

As I was sitting her contimplating what to write about this evening my thoughts came upon this AMAZING idea. I would write about myself, and tell you all how wonderful I am. Since I don't have a certain someone to write about, or children to RAVE on and on about I will write about the person I know the best. Which of course, is your one, your only.... ME.

Name: Shelby Lou
Birth: July 5th
Zodiac: Cancer
Age: 18 beautiful years
Height: Around 5 feet and 7 inches
Weight: one hundred and something ish pounds

I'm not the normal kind of person I have alot of quirks and I will explain some in detail. I have this problem with thinking... I think too much. Which leads to my even worse quality of worrying. I worry all of the time and I am constantly worried that something may or may not happen. I am a future thinker- I think in the future ALWAYS. The past isn't going to change and the present isn't moving fast enough so I always think what will happen NEXT.

I am hopeful. I hope for things that most people don't see and that a lot of people don't think of. That is where my too much thinking helps. I am also a very forgiving person. At times I forgive too easily, but there is always those big things that hold me back from forgiving some. I always do, and I focus on that as one of my redeeming qualities.

I like to have a serious conversation. I am a sucker for turning something light into something deep and trying to dig something out of someone. I love to have serious conversations. I also love to conversate in general. I am a talkative person and I talk LOUD. Yes, I am the annoying person who gets a phone call at the doctors office, and even though I took my call "outside" you still hear my whole life story.

I love to ask questions, but I hate being asked questions. (sometimes) It depends on who it is. I have this problem where some days I don't look anyone in the eye. You will be talking to me and I will be listening intently but I won't look you in the eye once. Somedays I just feel so uncomfortable seeing peoples faces. There is one person in my life, besides my family, that could take everything from me and call me every name in the book and I would still be there for them. Without hesitation and without a second thought.

I am silly, and some days I don't take anything seriously (aside from the fact that I love serious conversations). I tease, relentlessly. Ask Alix. If she thought I was 100 percent honest and un-teasing with her ALL the time she would be one naive girl. I call her fat, and tell her to go running but honestly, I think she is one of the prettiest girls alive. I envy peoples blogs, I do. I love when people come up with new ways to express themselves, and I copy them! Because I am such a copy cat, people see how weird I am and tend to shy away from me. I'm not weird, I'm special!!! At least thats what my mom always told me!

I love kids, I love them. I want to be an preschool teacher and I want to show kids how fun it is to have an imagination. That is something I will never loose. My imagination runs wild sometimes and the day dreams I have collide into my real life. This can be dangerous, but as I grow older I learn what CAN really happen and what can't.

Speaking of what can really happen... One day, I am going to be married in the temple, and sealed to my spouse for time and eternity. This I know to be true and I have the strongest testimony of the gospel, and I KNOW that I will be with my husband and family for ETERNITY. That, I would not trade for anything in the whole entire world.

Enough about me.... let's hear about you.....

Comments

  1. Hi Shelby! I like a girl who can write all about herself without talking about what she wants to change.
    If we lived in the same time I'd totally pay you well to by my nanny. Since you love kids, and my kid is one of the cooler kids in the world, I think it would work out really well!!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'll be sure to stop by yours and live vicariously though you (because 18 is fun...sometimes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you forgot that besides calling me fat you tell me my mom pays you to be friends with me...OR MAYBE YOUR NOT TEASING ABOUT THAT! oh and where did you get the new music..its weird..i haven't decided if i like it you not..ill let you know..but seriously where'd you find such weird calamities

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are charming!! I love the description of yourself - completely honest holding nothing back.

    And I have a husband and THREE kids... and I still blog an awful lot about MYSELF!! Hey, it's my blog. If they want blog time they can get their own blog.

    Just kidding... sort of.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was AWESOME! So fun to learn so much about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I will do a post soon like this it was a good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha shelby you are awesome. I think i think for people, more than they think for themselves, but i am getting better at not! so thats good. just wanted to say i love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts