I blog and blog...

So here is the big news everyone! I have been blogging for ALMOST 100 posts and I am currently pondering what to do for this amazing post. THAT is not what I am here to talk about tho so keep reading on...
Ah the days of zero comments, when people decide to read and not say anything, when surely they are thinking something. An awesome moment occurred that I am not sure any of you are very aware of. The other day I posted a blog about my PITS and received a WHOPPING NINE COMMENTS! This pleased me greatly. YES I understand I have never made it to the point of being a famous blogger, or had a tragedy hit me out of no-where. BUT I think that I need comments just as much, because I GIVE BACK. Yes you heard right, lurkers I give comments back. Just ask No Cool Story or Compulsive Writer, I read their blogs pretty much daily.
So this is my post about blogging and about what I have seen in the most popular blogs, and just "regular" blogs like mine. :D

1. Oh the GIVE AWAYS- People in the blogging world give away awesome stuff to people who are nice, lucky, or winners! I have seen multiple types of give aways, from bags of pens, to brand spankin new layouts. So exciting receiving mail from your bloggy friends!
2. Tutorials- My awesome bloggy BFF Busy Bee Lauren gave an awesome tutorial on how to do your hair like hers. Which is B-E-A-UTIFUL bytheway. There are also tons of blogs out there that put some pretty cool tutorials about knitting, or painting, or anything!
3. Guest bloggers. Some bloggers who are really REALLY awesome have their blog friends kind of are little guests on their blog. They come on to your own person blog and BLOGGITY their favorite stories. How exciting is that? I mean come on... If anyone EVER wants to guest spot on my blog then, well you can let me know. :D
4. Oh the awesome stories about little kids and such, because most every blogger is a mommy and they have the joy of having kids, if they don't have kids they have husbands, and if they don't have those, they are like me and have ummmm..... themselves. :D
5. Another awesome thing that blogger's do is they have days of the week where they post something funny or some helpful tip. No Cool Story does her's on Saturday and others do them on Wednesdays and I have decided to do mine on Friday... and I will call them Foolish Friday's because things are foolish, and fun and awesome and all that so get ready for Foolish Friday's I might even make some freaking awesome buttons! :D
Now your'e all thinking.. umm Shelby??? Why did you just blog about blogging? Well, I will tell you why... because I love to blog and I think those of you, who are kind of bloggy sheltered need to know what goes down in this blogging world! So explore the awesome blogging world and understand that people need love so if you read... COMMENT because it's the kind thing to do!!

oh and lookity... i got so bored I made cute modern buttons... with bright colors and such!!

Comments

  1. look look i'm leaving a comment! and the first one too! i am amazing! you are amazing! everyone with a blog is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am visiting and leaving a comment...love your buttons:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with alix whole heartedly. I didn't see you this weekend whats up with that:[ haha miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blogs but i like pictures more so maybe when you write a blog leave a picture that has nothing to do with the blog that would be funny! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I'm a taker and not a giver. I don't always like to comment. But I will try to leave you more comments. O and you should put more pictures of me on your blog! I look smokin at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...when people decide to read and not say anything" I am guilty of that. Boo to me.

    I love the idea of Foolish Friday!
    And I like all the colors you have going on here :) Congrats on your almost 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't done my hair like Lauren.
    I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seem to have this whole bloggin' thing figured out! :)

    I'm NCS's online twin, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally guilty of taking from others blogs and not giving. But I feel if I have nothing great to give I shouldn't just patronize them by making some lame comment. And some days I just feel like poop and don't want to be negative, so I feel it is for the best that I keep my mouth shut.
    But I love your bloggy, and I do read often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. classic, thats why I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts