Have and Get

I have another thing I would love to talk about. The difference between have and get. I have to go to work, I have to clean my house, I have to run this errand, I have to drive tonight, I have to talk to this person, I have to make someone smile.
Switch those things
I get to go to work, I get to clean my house and make it look nice, I get to run this errand and make my mom happy, I get to drive tonight and have fun, I get to talk to this person who I have had a falling out with, I get to make someone smile.
The second paragraph is where I want to be in my life. I want to start over and I want to move to Logan so badly. I wish this was my move this weekend that we are going but it isn't and it's rather sad. The whole time I am there I will probably think of Junior and how much fun we all had last time we were there. I am really excited to just be in Logan for once. Back to what I was saying...
I don't want to have to do anything anymore. The word have seems so wrong to say, its something no one really wants to do, because they HAVE to do it. I want everyone to stop and look at their lives, the thing you do everyday and realize that you don't HAVE to, you get to, you have the opportunity and the ability to achieve what you do each and everyday. I feel like lately I have been making things a chore, I don't want to look at my new years resolutions or my life in the way that it is all HAVE I want it to be worthy of the word GET. I want to seize the opportunity and I want to be a better person. I want to be the girl that people look at and they say. "Hey, she knows what life is about, she understands what to do and makes the most of everything." I want to be the girl that people look up to and say, I want to do my best, because she does it, and she makes it look so easy.
I don't want to be the person who is cocky and self centered, I just want to be the light in the darkness and the escape for the trapped. I want to be everyones friend and make everyone feel good and make everyone see how amazing they are. I don't need to be acknowledge neccisarily, but I want people to be able to move on with their lives and look back and see me and say, she helped me become who I am.
No one deserves to be lost in their selves. No one deserves to not know who they are, or not understand what they are doing. Everyone deserves to be the greatest possible person, without a competition and without flattery, they should just be able to look at them selves and see what Jesus sees.
This song is from Cherie Call and it is an amazing song, if you ever know someone who is feeling blue and needs a pick me up this is for them... go here . Scroll down to the song titled Believe.

Comments

  1. your thinking is amazingly perfect, I definitely am jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and I are so glad that you stopped by, and that we got to see you, after so very long of not seeing you. Thanks so much! I am so proud to say that you are my cousin, and I do love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto, Shelby!!!!
    I just loved seeing you. It is so great seeing you and Jordan grow into such beautiful women. Stop by every time you go through. I really miss the contact with that end of the family. Family is the most important part of my life. Love ya! Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts