Be Kind, Its 2009

I have officially decided on my theme for the year, with no help from any of you actually. I figured as much, hahaha I know I only wrote that yesterday but I am impatient and this is my theme. I realized something yesterday, that my blog is a little blog with a few views and that not many will give me input besides my loving and caring friends and family. So here I am, alone again. Just kiddin' I am ok with this, it's a big girl decision! I am a big girl now!

Let me first recap on my weekend/ half a week. We left bright and early Saturday morning and we arrived in time to see my AMAZINGLY AWESOME cousin Kacey, her husband, her boys, and my Aunt Deb and Uncle Harley. The last time I remember seeing them, specifically my Uncle Harley was when he baptized me. Which was great, and I really missed them. I really loved seeing them and I will definitely be stopping by to see them every time I go up! :D We kept driving until we hit Springville where we visited my friend chad from the church history tour. After that we went to the University Mall in Orem and shopped, then went to Jessica's house to stay the night, in syracuse. The next morning we headed up to Logan and began the fun. Monday night we ate at the Firehouse and went to the basket ball game against Idaho, we beat them, of course. Tuesday we just hung out then I went to Hobby Lobby, and I just have to tell you Lauren that it is the COOLEST place ever. I got some needles and Yarn and Lori's roommate Kylie taught me how to knit, I am currently in the process of knitting a bomb diggity scarf! Today we headed home, Kayla and I and we stopped to look at IKEA which is the best place ever, pretty modern but still pretty awesome. After that we went to Provo and had lunch with Zack up at BYU. I have to tell you all what I think right now, USU is a MILLION and a HALF times better then BYU. Of course I would pick BYU over CSN but I would pick working at MCDONALDS over going to CSN so I think that tells you what I think of BYU. bah.
my friend Taylee posted this on her facebook and the caption said
Why some kids don't have friends. bahahaha
It might not be KIND but it is funny.
I love BYU kids, I do... It's just funny because, well if you don't go there.. you don't like it...

Now, let me explain to you about my theme for the year. I'm thinking I am going to try my hardest to incorperate this theme into all of my posts. But I don't want to go into details, so I am going to spare you the bordem. I just want to tell you what my theme is. BE KIND it's 2009. I know it rhymes its cheesy... well, it's me! So don't knock it. I decided for my new years resolution that I would be KIND. In everything, in all that I do.

I came to the realization very recently that girls are katty. NUFF SAID. All I know, is that I hope people don't do those things to me, I hope that people are truly happy for me when I am happy, even if their feelings conflict. In a case when they do conflict, I hope they keep their remarks to themselves, or better yet, realize that my happiness is what keeps their happiness in check. I'm not saying that I am all that matters, what I'm saying is, that a friendship is a two way thing. If you can't have a friend and be honest with them, and pray for their happiness even when it makes you a tad sad, you aren't a real friend. If I were the one with a conflicting view I would just realize that they should be happy and I should be happy for them, in which case, I wouldn't be sad over what didn't happen to me, or what never was really going to. This is the type of kindness I want you to see, the kind that is hidden from everyone but you and the other person. Because katty-ness, and resentment are like black eyes and broken noses. Everyone can see them and they can hurt you.

I know I am not a picture perfect example, and that sometimes I let others get the best of me, but the fact is, that I am trying. We all should be trying.

Comments

  1. ouch. this hits a little close to home. but its a total true blog. everyone should be kind to eachother. good choice of a theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. not cheesy, i like it! shelby youre cute

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts