New Years Resolutions

I know that this is going to be the new "Hot Topic" of the day so I decided to just be the first to bring it up, at least that I know of. I have been thinking a lot about New Year Resolutions and it came to me that I have a lot of them. I know your thinking.. "What?! Shelby, the person of goodness and awesomeness has new year resolutions?!?!" Yes, I do. I am sad to say that I don't think I lived up to my potential this year. I mean there were some great times, but I don't feel like remenissing on old times, or taking you back to the good ol' days. (some of which were to horendus to replay.)
I just had a thought tho... GET THIS, this up and coming year of 2009 will be the first time I will grace the blogging world with my presence for an entire year. You are all very lucky to be recieving this news, very, very lucky.
NOW onto my resolutions which are many, yet still so few. I am hoping this resolutions will stick and by this time NEXT YEAR I will be able to repost this blog, and add to the bottom the words..
DONE AND DONE!
Now, here are my list of resolutions...
1. Lose the "Love Handles" because it doesn't matter how skinny your arms and legs are you still have work to do in the middle area.
2. Be kind this entails much more then just being nice to my friends and my cute little puppies even when they are annoying me. This means to be kind to everyone. Especially strangers and people who I randomly meet.
FOR EXAMPLE: If I am walking down the street minding my own beeswax and some many accidently bumps into me, I will no longer give him a dirty look. I will say, "It's ok don't worry about it, I hope you have a great day! :D"
3. Don't be offended, when people don't want to be my freind, or when people take me for granted. I won't be offended, because honestly, it's their loss. I know that sounds cocky and not humble but it's true. I still love them, and if they don't love me back... well that sucks but I have to move on at some point.
4. Get more music. Listen to music, even if it's not something I would normally listen to, give it all a chance and make the most of it. With the exception of the band 3 oh 3. I really don't like that band.
5. Eat better. I think everyone should take this as a goal for the new year. We all eat like food is going out of style. Let me tell you something, if we all ate well, then this country wouldn't be so fat because we wouldn't need those nasty greasy foods.
6. Make more friends and keep them! Also, when I have more friends I need to be able to hang out with them and have tons and tons of fun!
7. Read more, I want to be in a book club and read tons of cool stuff and learn alot.
8. Take more pictures. Starting tonight I am going to take a million pictures. I am what you could call camera shy. I love to take pictures and be in them, I just never pull out my camera. This weekend especially, because we are going to have tons and tons of fun this weekend! :D I am so so excited!!
9. Save my money. I need to save money and make sure that I have enough so that in the summer I can move to Logan, Utah. Then, live happily ever after! :D
10. Be myself. Even when it's totally uncool I need to learn to keep my cool and be myself. Because I am a pretty rad person. I guess what I am trying to do is tell myself that so it becomes real.

Those are my ten resolutions and I have more, but I can't think. You know when you start writing and then you get sidetracked then...well it's all over after that!
I hope you all have a fantastic New Years and make the most of your New Year. I really want you to think about your resolutions and do them. It's important to do so because if you don't it will seem like there was never a new year and that's just sad.
WELCOME TO 2009!!!!

Comments

  1. So i'm gonna help you with a couple of these. fyi. Like the picture one.. i'll take you're camera and take pictures. I will try my hardest to make this weekend everything you hoped for. The music thing. Ya i still need to get on that but i'm working on it. Just watch out i might throw some crazy stuff out there but you can handle it.... i know you can. You're good with your money so i'm sure you'll make enough for Logan. But we'll be poor together... so don't be too stressed about money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i highly doubt you have love handles...but the rest of the resolutions are great!

    i think making goals is SO important. i think personal progress and all that had a great influence on our ability to achieve them now that we're all grown up.

    i thought to myself, "maybe i have TOO many" (i had 23) decided to cut it down so that i wouldnt set up for myself. ha ha. i want to join a book club too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts