Day 2- A Memory
I didn't really realize that this was fulfilling my Day 2 post for my 30 days, until just now. So here is one of my very favorite memories. <3
Summer leaves bend softly in, as our feet push up the uneven sidewalk. The cool summer breeze playing across our cheeks. Hands interwined and conversation filling the space around us. I had never felt so free as I did that night. Walking hand in hand with you, the world at our feet, or at least the streets of a crazy college town. No one could have known that it would be so short lived. Those frequent conversations, those lazy summer nights. I couldn't have wished for anything better, but I could have skipped the aching heart pounding in my chest on that last night walking with you. I could have skipped the feeling of being lost without you.
Time passes by as we go our seperate ways. I just want you to know, that you will always carry a special place in my heart. Those times walking down dark streets and wet grass, will be living memories for my heart. No matter where our paths lead us, I will forever be remembering the times when we felt the world lift from around us, and our worries hide themselves in the trees above our heads.
Summer leaves bend softly in, as our feet push up the uneven sidewalk. The cool summer breeze playing across our cheeks. Hands interwined and conversation filling the space around us. I had never felt so free as I did that night. Walking hand in hand with you, the world at our feet, or at least the streets of a crazy college town. No one could have known that it would be so short lived. Those frequent conversations, those lazy summer nights. I couldn't have wished for anything better, but I could have skipped the aching heart pounding in my chest on that last night walking with you. I could have skipped the feeling of being lost without you.
Time passes by as we go our seperate ways. I just want you to know, that you will always carry a special place in my heart. Those times walking down dark streets and wet grass, will be living memories for my heart. No matter where our paths lead us, I will forever be remembering the times when we felt the world lift from around us, and our worries hide themselves in the trees above our heads.

Comments
Post a Comment