A Weekend, A Weekend

What a weekend it was! It started with a craft night with Alix and Janaye. We went out to dinner at In-N-Out and then headed over to Michaels, where they were having a huge sale on all of their Christmas decor. My idea was to make a wreath that could be interchangeable through the seasons. I really like the eucalyptus leave wreaths that I've seen on Pinterest and Instagram, so that's what I was in search for. While we were in the store we got separated, so I used the patented DeLong Family call for when someone is lost. I let out a loud KA-KAH-KA-KAH! Alix didn't know what I was doing, but after about the third call, she realized it was me and asked, "Are you calling me?!". Haha, I love doing that in stores. When we have all the kids and go shopping, sometimes they get lost, so we taught them to do a KA-KAH instead of frantically screaming for their mom. We kept walking around gathering items, and then we heard a KA-KAH coming from the other end of the store. So I called back! That went on for a little while, before I said loudly, I'm not finding you, it's only for if you're lost! And then they stopped. I'm pretty sure it was just a group of teenagers, but it was a good time.

We got to work on my wreath and Alix's stocking for her daughter Erin after that. It was fun to sit around and catch up with each other, we hadn't seen each other all together since before Halloween, so it was a much needed girls night. Below is my finished product with the Christmas elements in it. Janaye made the bow, because she is the craftiest. Hopefully it will look good on my front door in just a few days!


On Saturday morning I had Stake Baptisms, as part of my calling in the Stake Primary presidency I get to be in charge of organizing baptisms. It went well, it was small, but good. One thing I have realized in this calling in the stake as a younger person, is that it is super hard for people to take me seriously. BUT it's ok, because I still love it.

Saturday afternoon I picked up my girls Kenzie and Haddie for our Christmas Sleepover. We got to work right away by making Christmas cards. After our Christmas cards we had some pizza and popcorn for dinner. Those girls love themselves some popcorn. They ate and entire bowl of homemade popcorn, oh, and I helped. After dinner we headed out to the dancing lights house over by Lone Mountain. We pulled up to the house and watched the show with our treats from Splash. I gave Haddie a donut in the front seat of my car, and I was punished for it. SO MANY CRUMBS.


As we watched the light show, there was a manger scene being lit up to the Charlie Brown's Christmas story. The girls asked me where baby Jesus was and told me how much they loved baby Jesus. On the way home, they told me how Jesus lives in the sky, and how he like to see us happy. I told them about how much he loved them and that even when we make mistakes, we can be forgiven. It hit me hard, driving around with them that night, I'm not as close to my Savior as I used to be. Kenzie asked me if Jesus ever cries, and I told her, probably. He probably cries when he sees us make mistakes over and over. She asked me if he cried when he was here on earth, and I said yep, because people didn't believe in him and wanted to hurt him. She looked at me in the review mirror and said, I would NEVER be mean to Jesus, or make him cry. I thought in my head, I wish I could be like you again. Just so set on loving. It really hit me in the feels.



We got home and watched the Grinch and painted nails. The girls took a bath and got the stink off their feet... HOLY COW I have never smelt such stinky feet in my whole life. PHEW. After the movie we made a bed on my floor for them to sleep on and they cuddle up around me while I read to them the story of The Three Trees.


We went to sleep, but were awoken very early in the morning by a hungry dog. The girls watched cartoons in bed for a while, and then we got ready and went to church. My mom was having someone come look at the house so I left early and got Auzzie out. We waited in my car until they were done. I came home and found a half eaten Larabar in the bathroom trash from the people looking at the house! Who thinks it's ok to eat someone else's food that you don't know??! I don't get it. I spent the rest of the day making a chocolate cream pie and shortbread cookies.



I took the pie over to Sam's house for Friendsgiving. There was a big group of us there, Sam, Justin, Kelsie, Leah, Lori, Hannah, Taylor, Janeen, Mikey, Trey, Heidi, and Kris. It was a good group and it was an even better spread of food. Truly, the meal was divine. I haven't spent a ton of time with friends lately, and it was the perfect ending to a great weekend. I love those people so much, they are such good and kind souls. We played a game of questions during dinner and it was great to just open up and talk about anything with them. I'd do it again tonight if I could.

All in all, I'd say it was a pretty successful weekend. Full of family, friends, food and crafts. Cheers to the next few weekends of cleaning, and moving!


Comments

Popular Posts